need help with my M600

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jimbo

Please note that this is my first bobcat and have very little knowledge of them,but am learning. I bought this off someone to just do small work in my own yard.I had emailed this person that I think it needed hydro. fluid and he told me to go to wal mart and buy 80W90 gear oil and put it in. Well i need not say what I done but onl half is what i put in. Right away I crank it and it would not turn right or left, so I knew that I had to drain and I did well I have since put hydrolic fluid back in and everything seems to work but now my steering want turn so well.It has been adjusted and when I try backing up a hill it want go and before it did. Can anyone tell me what they think is up. I soon will be getting a patrs and maint. manual for this skid steer it is (year) 60's early 70' model.Any help as in the right fluids,ect.. would be greatly appericated.

Tazza

Staff member
I don't own an M600, there are other users on here that do. m610 knows his little beast inside and out, i'm sure he will pop his nose in and tell you what you need to look for.
You need to run hydraulic or automatic transmission fluid in these machines as they use clutches. Are you sure the clutches have been adjusted correctly?
The only other thing i can think of is the gear oil may have been synthetic, from what i have noticed with synthetic oil is its REALLY slipery, it could be causing the clutches to not bite hard enough to get you moving.

OP
OP
J

jimbo

I don't own an M600, there are other users on here that do. m610 knows his little beast inside and out, i'm sure he will pop his nose in and tell you what you need to look for.
You need to run hydraulic or automatic transmission fluid in these machines as they use clutches. Are you sure the clutches have been adjusted correctly?
The only other thing i can think of is the gear oil may have been synthetic, from what i have noticed with synthetic oil is its REALLY slipery, it could be causing the clutches to not bite hard enough to get you moving.
I'm wandering if I put the wrong type of Hydrolic fluid in. I purchased it at Tractor Supply and they had 2 types.One was what i got and it is All Season Hydraulic Oil one the bottom it reads. (This product is not recommended for use in lubricating transmissions, differentials,wet brakes and final drive gears. For such applications Traveller Premium Hydraulic Fluid is recommended). I just thinking if I should have got the Traveller Premium Hydraulic Fluid.