NEED HELP - advice?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jjmoss

I have a 785 New Holland skid-steer. It has the 333 Ford 3-cylinder diesel engine, it uses 1 gallon of water an hour, it smokes white, no water in oil. Took engine apart, head gasket look good, took head to shop, they checked it, looks good. Pressure checked the block, it's good. So, where is the water going? It has no external leaks, has anyone had this problem? And what do we look for to fix it? Please respond. Thanks, Joe

2005DMAX

I would guess it was the head gasket. You more than likely missed it when you tore it down. This happened to me with my old jet boat with a 360 V8. Same problem. Turns out it WAS the head gasket, I just never seen it when I tore it down. Had the heads checked and everything. Put new head gaskets in it and all was fine.

irvi00

Yup, head gasket would be first thing to fix. No external leaks, no water in oil and white smoke means its burning the water in the piston chambers. Thats pretty much the only place it could be going. A blown head gasket can be easy to miss just with visual inspection. Thats where I would start.