My new outlook on life

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
B

bobcat_ron

On a side note, you owners of this forum really need to update the software for uploading pics, or even a whole new forum outlay would be nice, this is nuts.

OP
OP
B

bobcat_ron

How much noise reduction is there with the enclosed cabin ?
On a Cat, even more than an open cab, Cat's are already quiet, Bobcat, Deere, takeuchi and Case seem to be the loudest even with an enclosed cab, it's the inside vibrations and noises that get louder.

owensge

On a side note, you owners of this forum really need to update the software for uploading pics, or even a whole new forum outlay would be nice, this is nuts.
Bobcat_Ron, I (owensge) am the owner of this site. I clicked on the link you provided and then did a control/a (hold down the control key and press a) to select the entire image. I then pasted the results below using a control/v or a paste:
Pictures873.jpg

Check the Faq page for other instructions on how to add images. With regards to updating the site, yes I already have a new version I want to put up, but that's going to have to wait until I get my house done. All of us here (myself, tazza and ken) are doing the best we can to support the site given our other commitments, so I ask that you bare with us a bit.
Give my suggestion for uploading images a try and see if that works for you.
Thanks for you input!

Geoff

OP
OP
B

bobcat_ron

Bobcat_Ron, I (owensge) am the owner of this site. I clicked on the link you provided and then did a control/a (hold down the control key and press a) to select the entire image. I then pasted the results below using a control/v or a paste:

Check the Faq page for other instructions on how to add images. With regards to updating the site, yes I already have a new version I want to put up, but that's going to have to wait until I get my house done. All of us here (myself, tazza and ken) are doing the best we can to support the site given our other commitments, so I ask that you bare with us a bit.
Give my suggestion for uploading images a try and see if that works for you.
Thanks for you input!

Geoff
GIT'ER-DUN!!!

thetool

GIT'ER-DUN!!!
Wow-Ron-I thought it was a "Bobcrap" at first, because it certainly looks just like the window that "Bobcrap" provides on their loaders, from the very beginning, right off the line, with nothing more to buy, starting over 13 years ago!
I'm glad to see that "Craperpillar" lovers are changing their oultooks and recognizing "Bobcrap" for what it truly is. Slowly, sure, but better 13 years late than never, right?
Imitation is the highest form of flattery......=)

OP
OP
B

bobcat_ron

Wow-Ron-I thought it was a "Bobcrap" at first, because it certainly looks just like the window that "Bobcrap" provides on their loaders, from the very beginning, right off the line, with nothing more to buy, starting over 13 years ago!
I'm glad to see that "Craperpillar" lovers are changing their oultooks and recognizing "Bobcrap" for what it truly is. Slowly, sure, but better 13 years late than never, right?
Imitation is the highest form of flattery......=)
Nice shot, but it has less of a curve than Bobcat's and Cat's doors (at least on the B's) are stronger than Bobcat's.
every excavator has a slight curve in heir windows, why Cat doesn't provide curved front window's is anyone's guess, but they obviously had something in mind when the C's were in development stages or they would have done a curved window a long time ago.
Oh, and the bill for this work was $543.20 with taxes.

mllud

Nice shot, but it has less of a curve than Bobcat's and Cat's doors (at least on the B's) are stronger than Bobcat's.
every excavator has a slight curve in heir windows, why Cat doesn't provide curved front window's is anyone's guess, but they obviously had something in mind when the C's were in development stages or they would have done a curved window a long time ago.
Oh, and the bill for this work was $543.20 with taxes.
I bought a piece of 1/2 inch lexan to build a door for my New Holland. I did some research on forming /bending lexan. Its not as dificult as you might think. It needs to be about 375F. you have to pre heat th draw all the moisture out or it can cause bubbles.I thought about making a jig to try and curve mine. you would build a frame to hold the edges,lay it horizontal and heat it and let it sag in the midde.Im a little afraid to play chicken with a $160 piece of lexan.I know a guy that has a powdercoat oven that would work. Im probably crazy.
Are the bubble doors a lot stronger than the flat.Besides looking good what are the main advantages? Mike

OP
OP
B

bobcat_ron

I bought a piece of 1/2 inch lexan to build a door for my New Holland. I did some research on forming /bending lexan. Its not as dificult as you might think. It needs to be about 375F. you have to pre heat th draw all the moisture out or it can cause bubbles.I thought about making a jig to try and curve mine. you would build a frame to hold the edges,lay it horizontal and heat it and let it sag in the midde.Im a little afraid to play chicken with a $160 piece of lexan.I know a guy that has a powdercoat oven that would work. Im probably crazy.
Are the bubble doors a lot stronger than the flat.Besides looking good what are the main advantages? Mike
Curves are stronger than flats, just like a hydro-electric dam, and the curved windows cut down and glare on a sunny day when the angle of the sun is just at the wrong spot.

Latest posts