289C putters out on power after a couple minutes

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Chiller316

We just did a full service on our skidsteer, replaced all of the filters and did an oil change. We ran it a bit after and then it started to lose power from the engine; RPM would just go down and it would reportedly smoke a little black smoke a bit. I did not see it but was reported this, then told that if you leave it to sit for a bit it will fire back up and run ok for 2 - 3 minutes then do it again. It was a few days before I could get out to look at it and it fired right up for me and I was driving it back from out in the field and as I got closer to the house, approximately 750' drive, it began to lose power until it slowly came to a stop even pushing forward on the controls. When I let off the throttle, the engine died. I attempted to restart it and it turned over and sounded a little odd, it took about 5 to 7 seconds of turning over and it fired up and threw a little white smoke for me but was still very weak.

I asked my friend who is a mechanic and the one who did the service to come out and look at it and he said that he believes it may be the fuel pump. He said he loosened the filter after it ran and it spit air out like it wasn't pumping fuel properly. I wanted to know if anyone has seen this and can provide some insight please. Thanks in advance for all your help as usual.