My 1st Skidsteer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Neckdogg

I am very much an amature with fixing things and restoring things but this opportunity came along and it was kind of a no Brainer to try. I recently purchased a Owatonna Mustang 1700 (or at least I think it is, but not sure how to identify model or year)
I am absolutely in over my head on this one but I picked it up complete for $600 so I don't really think I can go wrong here.
I hVe started a thread in the other brand skid steers section asking for any help or suggestions anyone has. The Ford V4 is seized and I don't know if I will be success full getting it freed up but I am trying. Magic mystery oil and ATF down the plug holes has not freed it up yet. Is there a better point than the flywheel teeth where I can try to move it from preferable with a wrence, breaker bar and extension? I plan to video and post this whole process in an attempt to restore it and convert the front end to a quick attach so I can use other attachments on it. I do want the restoration to be a fairly nice one including paint and new stickers at the very end.

Tlawdogg

Neckdogg,
Welcome aboard! Lots of great people on this site. Make sure you post pictures of your new machine. Sounds like a good project.