Mustang 440 pump parts needed!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bxershrts

Hello, I have an older mustang 440 skid steer. Both hydraulic pumps are shot - i took them in for repair to a hydraulic shop and they are unable to get any sort of parts. I am getting worried that my skid steer will not be able to get fixed. Is there any parts available for these pumps? Or a modern retro fit that will work, without spending an arm and a leg? Thanks for your help

Tazza

Staff member
I'd need to see what is damaged, some have brass wear plates that you can flatten to bring the pumps back to life. Have you opened the pumps to inspect them to see what is damaged?
If it's more than just the wear plates, loader parts source is pretty good at getting parts for just about anything hydraulic.
These marks could be sanded out:
2013-02-03_FrontWearPl2.jpg

OP
OP
B

bxershrts

I'd need to see what is damaged, some have brass wear plates that you can flatten to bring the pumps back to life. Have you opened the pumps to inspect them to see what is damaged?
If it's more than just the wear plates, loader parts source is pretty good at getting parts for just about anything hydraulic.
These marks could be sanded out:
Thanks for your reply! Yes, the plate is quite beat up - the shoes are what I really need. Are these available? It seems every hydraulic rebuild shop doesn't stock or carry these parts from the vintage 440 mustang. Do you have a link for mustang 440 pump parts? That would be a real help for this grim looking situation.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for your reply! Yes, the plate is quite beat up - the shoes are what I really need. Are these available? It seems every hydraulic rebuild shop doesn't stock or carry these parts from the vintage 440 mustang. Do you have a link for mustang 440 pump parts? That would be a real help for this grim looking situation.
Ah, the shoes on the pistons? if so, you will need a new rotating group.
Contact LPS http://www.loaderpartssource.com/
It may not be on their site, but they can get more than is shown. They only show a gear pump for this model, but it's worth an email or phone call.

OP
OP
B

bxershrts

Ah, the shoes on the pistons? if so, you will need a new rotating group.
Contact LPS http://www.loaderpartssource.com/
It may not be on their site, but they can get more than is shown. They only show a gear pump for this model, but it's worth an email or phone call.
Hello - sorry for the delay - I have finally taken it all apart and take photos. Unfortunately I cant find the option to upload them to this thread? How can I share these with you to facilitate in more of your wisdom? Or can I send them to your own personal email address - thanks again

Tazza

Staff member
Hello - sorry for the delay - I have finally taken it all apart and take photos. Unfortunately I cant find the option to upload them to this thread? How can I share these with you to facilitate in more of your wisdom? Or can I send them to your own personal email address - thanks again
You can upload pictures to a file sharing site like photobucket, copy/paste the links from there to your post.
You can also email me, look up my profile and send then over.

Latest posts