mustang 2054 Hydraulic issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Catnut

Our comapny owns two skid steer loaders 1 is a Cat 226 which has done 1900 hours and the other is a mustang 2054 which has onlydone 720 hours. we are encountering hydraulic issues with the mustang first the raise and hall would stick and go all the way to the top on its own, then the aux started sticking the the crowd control was next to go. The dealer cleaned out the control bank and now we have no Auxillary when you put into floating, which is real hand especially when trying to use a landscape rake or sweeper! so the dealer swaped the control bank for a new one! now we still have no Auxillary when in float mode and the float detent is not there any more! The Cat has not missed a beat since they day it was bought! Has any one else encountered these problems?

skidsteer.ca

Sounds like some dirt went through your hyd valve body (control bank)
Are the aux hyd on they machine controled by electric over hyd, or does it have a linkage that goes to your valve body?
Did your aux hyd ever work in float mode?, if yes, then something in the new valve is letting the hyd flow return to the resevoir instead of the pressure going through the aux hyd.
The valve has 3 sections, one for lift, one for tilt and one for aux hyd flow. Oil flows from 1 to 2 to 3. This way the maufacturer give priority to the function thsy feel is most important, then 2nd priority and low priority. Probably lift then tilt then aux
1 always get the oil first then the 2nd spool and finally the 3rd. While spool 1 is in full use (your lifting at max speed) then spool 2 and 3 are not getting any hyd oil so they can't function
Does your tilt still work in float mode? or is it "MIA" as well?
The detent could be a broken or missing spring about the size of a ink pen spring but stiffer. Both issues your dealer should be able to fix easily.
Ken

OP
OP
C

Catnut

Sounds like some dirt went through your hyd valve body (control bank)
Are the aux hyd on they machine controled by electric over hyd, or does it have a linkage that goes to your valve body?
Did your aux hyd ever work in float mode?, if yes, then something in the new valve is letting the hyd flow return to the resevoir instead of the pressure going through the aux hyd.
The valve has 3 sections, one for lift, one for tilt and one for aux hyd flow. Oil flows from 1 to 2 to 3. This way the maufacturer give priority to the function thsy feel is most important, then 2nd priority and low priority. Probably lift then tilt then aux
1 always get the oil first then the 2nd spool and finally the 3rd. While spool 1 is in full use (your lifting at max speed) then spool 2 and 3 are not getting any hyd oil so they can't function
Does your tilt still work in float mode? or is it "MIA" as well?
The detent could be a broken or missing spring about the size of a ink pen spring but stiffer. Both issues your dealer should be able to fix easily.
Ken
The dealer stripped the control bank to find nothing? once it was re assembled for the first couple of hours it worked fine and the sticking had gone, in fact it actually was as light as a feather to use which it had never been that good before, but when going to use the float mode on the landscape rake the aux is a NO GO which is very fustrating! The Aux is linkage that goes to the valve body. I will check to see if the tilt works in floating. Stay tunned!

OP
OP
C

Catnut

The dealer stripped the control bank to find nothing? once it was re assembled for the first couple of hours it worked fine and the sticking had gone, in fact it actually was as light as a feather to use which it had never been that good before, but when going to use the float mode on the landscape rake the aux is a NO GO which is very fustrating! The Aux is linkage that goes to the valve body. I will check to see if the tilt works in floating. Stay tunned!
Tried Tilt today and this worked perfectly with the Auxillary on! The Mustang is now back in at the dealer ship to try and resolve this most frustrating issue

skidsteer.ca

Tried Tilt today and this worked perfectly with the Auxillary on! The Mustang is now back in at the dealer ship to try and resolve this most frustrating issue
Does the tilt work when the lift is in the float mode?
The dirt your dealer was looking for could be almost microscopic in size and still cause the problems. That why it very important to be clean around hydraulic systems. Any dirt from the manufacturing process or as a result of use can (not always) lead to trouble.
I would not necessarily blame Mustang for a lemon campared to the Cat, It's more of a isolated incident with one machine then a design flaw. The problem could be the end users fault or a particle of god know what that came loose after manufacture, who knows.
But the issue with the float and aux power is either the dealer fault for a improper instalation, or the part suppliers fault for suppling a incorrectly configured valve.
I'm sure they will get it sorted out, thats what the dealer is there for.
Ken

OP
OP
C

Catnut

Does the tilt work when the lift is in the float mode?
The dirt your dealer was looking for could be almost microscopic in size and still cause the problems. That why it very important to be clean around hydraulic systems. Any dirt from the manufacturing process or as a result of use can (not always) lead to trouble.
I would not necessarily blame Mustang for a lemon campared to the Cat, It's more of a isolated incident with one machine then a design flaw. The problem could be the end users fault or a particle of god know what that came loose after manufacture, who knows.
But the issue with the float and aux power is either the dealer fault for a improper instalation, or the part suppliers fault for suppling a incorrectly configured valve.
I'm sure they will get it sorted out, thats what the dealer is there for.
Ken
Hi Ken, Tilt does work in float mode, the dealer has kindly lent me a 2076 3 tonner for the mean time, while the get to the bottom of theis mysterous issue! buy the way wow, what a difference 30 horses makes! I must admit though its ride is a little rougher than my 2054, you seem to bounce around a lot more? *er haps its because you aree goibg twice as fast?But the Power is just amazing, want to shift metal in a jiffy and dig holes in a blink of an eye! then get one of these bad boys.

OP
OP
C

Catnut

Hi Ken, Tilt does work in float mode, the dealer has kindly lent me a 2076 3 tonner for the mean time, while the get to the bottom of theis mysterous issue! buy the way wow, what a difference 30 horses makes! I must admit though its ride is a little rougher than my 2054, you seem to bounce around a lot more? *er haps its because you aree goibg twice as fast?But the Power is just amazing, want to shift metal in a jiffy and dig holes in a blink of an eye! then get one of these bad boys.
Fault Found! the reason for the Aux not working in float was due to the alingment of the cable and the free play in the cable! now I can get back to work.

Latest posts