Mustang 1200 variable pulley available

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

T-rustyfix

Last year the special ram bolt inside the variable pulley broke. I was ready to weld a new end on it and re-thread, but found another assembly instead. Since then, this old one has been waiting for a new owner. I listed it on the Bay, and wanted to make the forum aware.

Thanks

Parlusk

Last year the special ram bolt inside the variable pulley broke. I was ready to weld a new end on it and re-thread, but found another assembly instead. Since then, this old one has been waiting for a new owner. I listed it on the Bay, and wanted to make the forum aware.

Thanks
i am guess you have sold this?

Bigg_Billy

Thanks
Hello, came upon your post...wondering if you've bought a new belt recently and where you might have found one.

Thanks
Hello, I came upon your post and wonder if you've bought a drive belt recently and where you've found one? My belt number is 020-16902. Thank you, Bill

OP
OP
T-rustyfix

T-rustyfix

I sold the variable drive.

As far as belts are concerned, I would be in the same spot as y'all if I needed a new one. I have two old worn out belts for emergencies, but no one is likely interested in them. Currently, I'm fighting carb issues on my VH4D. It won't run well unless the choke is pulled out most of the way, then there isn't much recovery power when I push into a pile of dirt. The carb was rebuilt just over a year ago and it ran great. I'm thinking winter fuel, so I put 91 non ethanol in it, but no real change. Any ideas?

foton

well if you need to choke it , it is starving for fuel. check the fuel filters first,then fuel flow engine.

FungusAmongUs

If the winter fuel contained ethanol it more than likely has a partially plugged passage in the carb somewhere.

OP
OP
T-rustyfix

T-rustyfix

Ends up, the float in the carb was hanging up in the bowl… got it rebuilt, and replaced the distributor with an aftermarket electronic. Runs great cold now, but sputters and dies when it gets hot. Dealing with vapor lock. Insulating the fuel line and adjusting return flow to the tank is helping.

OP
OP
T-rustyfix

T-rustyfix

Finally figured it out… the carburetor bowl screw holes had been bent, and it was sucking air around the paper seal. It seems like someone used a thick gasket and over tightened it at some point. This explains why it would cough, and sputter whenever it went over a bump. I surfaced the bowl upside down on a flat bench with a sheet of sandpaper. Now it runs great.

Attachments

• IMG_7928.jpeg
    IMG_7928.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7929.jpeg
    IMG_7929.jpeg
    338.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7930.jpeg
    IMG_7930.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 19