MTL Attachments

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Anybody ever use or dealt with these folks; they are said to be in western Georgia. Would like to hear feed back Thanks

1stbobcat

I just ordered their 72" Root Grapple, 74" Smooth Bucket, HD Stump Bucket and 5K Pallet Forks. Ordered last Tuesday I believe, was shipped by Thursday (by R&L Carriers, who were awesome by the way) and delivered Tuesday Morning. Would have been here sooner if not for the weekend. WGA Equipment (MTL Attachments) did a great job of packaging it all together and only cost me $209 total for the freight for all of it. At first I was going to order a 72" Bucket, but he suggested I order the 74" bucket and then he could put the Stump Bucket inside the 72" Root Grapple, then put the Root Grapple inside the 74" Bucket and then put those 3 on another pallet with the pallet forks. So it all was able to go on ONE standard Pallet footprint. (it was 2 pallets on top of eachother for support and was well banded together with metal bands when it arrived in perfect condition.) Plus I was able to have it delivered directly to my residence since I'm rural and had plenty of room for the semi to get in and turn around etc. They have lift gate service on the truck and we just lowered it down, got it part ways off with the pallet jack and he simple drove the truck out from underneat of it and wala! I have not had an opportunity to fit them to my machine and try out the grapple yet as my Bobcat 873 is in the shop :-( but they all look like solid quality stuff to me. Made In USA and the Grapple even came with Parker Hoses. For the prices they are asking, I was very pleased. The Pallet Forks did have made in CHINA stamped on the FORK pieces though but I'm thinking the Fork Frame is made by MTL and they used the CHINESE Forks only to hang on their frames. They have locking clips to help keep them from moving out of positions. They are supposed to hold up to 5K so I am hoping that Chinese Steel is improving. But seriously I highly recommend them as for the prices I haven't seen anything close. Where else can you buy a 72" Root Grapple made in USA with Parker Hoses for only $889.00? I was leary at first too ordering online for that kind of money, but they are legit and so far I'm impressed. I'm waiting to see my bill on my Bobcat, before I order my CID 90' Rotating Tree Shear from them next.

OP
OP

I just ordered their 72" Root Grapple, 74" Smooth Bucket, HD Stump Bucket and 5K Pallet Forks. Ordered last Tuesday I believe, was shipped by Thursday (by R&L Carriers, who were awesome by the way) and delivered Tuesday Morning. Would have been here sooner if not for the weekend. WGA Equipment (MTL Attachments) did a great job of packaging it all together and only cost me $209 total for the freight for all of it. At first I was going to order a 72" Bucket, but he suggested I order the 74" bucket and then he could put the Stump Bucket inside the 72" Root Grapple, then put the Root Grapple inside the 74" Bucket and then put those 3 on another pallet with the pallet forks. So it all was able to go on ONE standard Pallet footprint. (it was 2 pallets on top of eachother for support and was well banded together with metal bands when it arrived in perfect condition.) Plus I was able to have it delivered directly to my residence since I'm rural and had plenty of room for the semi to get in and turn around etc. They have lift gate service on the truck and we just lowered it down, got it part ways off with the pallet jack and he simple drove the truck out from underneat of it and wala! I have not had an opportunity to fit them to my machine and try out the grapple yet as my Bobcat 873 is in the shop :-( but they all look like solid quality stuff to me. Made In USA and the Grapple even came with Parker Hoses. For the prices they are asking, I was very pleased. The Pallet Forks did have made in CHINA stamped on the FORK pieces though but I'm thinking the Fork Frame is made by MTL and they used the CHINESE Forks only to hang on their frames. They have locking clips to help keep them from moving out of positions. They are supposed to hold up to 5K so I am hoping that Chinese Steel is improving. But seriously I highly recommend them as for the prices I haven't seen anything close. Where else can you buy a 72" Root Grapple made in USA with Parker Hoses for only $889.00? I was leary at first too ordering online for that kind of money, but they are legit and so far I'm impressed. I'm waiting to see my bill on my Bobcat, before I order my CID 90' Rotating Tree Shear from them next.
Thanks for the reply; I've talked with them twice & called back & left message also texted them. So I got leary of them; I had got them to quote me on big order also & I was calling to confirm order & to change couple of things. You made me feel better so maybe I'll call them back now

1stbobcat

Thanks for the reply; I've talked with them twice & called back & left message also texted them. So I got leary of them; I had got them to quote me on big order also & I was calling to confirm order & to change couple of things. You made me feel better so maybe I'll call them back now
That is my only issue with them is that they are not real good at communication. I was only able to reach this person (I don't even know who it was I was speaking with) but it was only through text msg. I called the number from the WGA Equipment Website and got the voicemail and he said it's best to reach him via text and so I sent txt. Shortly thereafter I got a text msg response from him and we started communicating back and forth that way. He was supposed to get back with me on a quote on another item and I had to hound him about that, but I finally got my quote on that a couple days later when I followed up again. I ordered from their MTL Attachments website, not the WGA Equipment or their Ebay postings and actually I think the pricing was about $10 less on the MTL Attachments website and through talking with whom ever I did via text they were able to consolidate the shipments into a single shipment thus my low freight cost. If I had ordered these through ebay I believe my freight would have been @ $149.00 per item. I did have to pay them through paypal from their MTL website and they deducted the paypal fees from the invoice amount so that if I had to make a return it would be shorted the paypal fees, which I thought was kind of chincy because as a seller on ebay, I have to eat the paypal fees not my customers but since this is not done via ebay I guess it's really no different than some retailers that charge you an extra 3% to take your credit card because that's what the banks charge them. But anyway, all in all, they delivered what they said they would and in a very timely fashion in good condition and I think it will be just fine for my needs. I'm new to this stuff so not an expert on attachments but they look solid enough to me and I didn't see any crappy welds on the units or anything. Supposedly all made in USA (with the exception that I pointed out of the actual forks on their pallet forks are stamped made in China). The Grapple and I think the Bucket had American Flag Stickers on them that said Made in USA. Here's the number I called/texted 1-404-433-5364 and the webpage I visited was www.mtlattachments.com Hope this helps.