Mounting Plate for BH30W for 236B

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

keyguy

Due to a divorce, when I moved out with my 236B and BH30W, the mounting plate got left behind and is now gone. Does anyone have a spare mounting plate they would sell economically, or drawings, or one that could be borrowed to make drawings ? I just cannot afford what CAT is asking for the plate. Thanks Robert

Tazza

Staff member
What mounting plate are you reffering to, the ones to mount the backhoe to the machine or the one to attach to the main attach plate?

OP
OP
K

keyguy

What mounting plate are you reffering to, the ones to mount the backhoe to the machine or the one to attach to the main attach plate?
I'm talking about a metal bracket that mounts on the skid steer on the lip you have to step over to get into the skidsteer seat. This metal bracket is a hunk of steel that is about 18 inches wide, made of 4 x 1 inch angle iron, with two knuckles that stick up. The two yellow support arms on the BH30W connect to these knuckles. I have a low resolution line drawing but I'm not sure how to post it.

flyerdan

I'm talking about a metal bracket that mounts on the skid steer on the lip you have to step over to get into the skidsteer seat. This metal bracket is a hunk of steel that is about 18 inches wide, made of 4 x 1 inch angle iron, with two knuckles that stick up. The two yellow support arms on the BH30W connect to these knuckles. I have a low resolution line drawing but I'm not sure how to post it.
Since you have both the cat and the backhoe, it should be fairly easy to reverse-engineer the part. The only really critical dimension that I can imagine is the height of the knuckles, and that could be figured out by making the angle plate first, putting the backhoe in position and then make a cardboard template that would give dimensions.
Make the knuckles, tack them in place to make sure everything fits right, then take it to the bench and weld it up.
If you have a pic that you can put on photobucket or some other hosting site, you can just put the address in a post and one of us will sort it so it shows up.

Tazza

Staff member
Since you have both the cat and the backhoe, it should be fairly easy to reverse-engineer the part. The only really critical dimension that I can imagine is the height of the knuckles, and that could be figured out by making the angle plate first, putting the backhoe in position and then make a cardboard template that would give dimensions.
Make the knuckles, tack them in place to make sure everything fits right, then take it to the bench and weld it up.
If you have a pic that you can put on photobucket or some other hosting site, you can just put the address in a post and one of us will sort it so it shows up.
My dad pointed out we have one of these, i never thought about it.
If you look up my profile, send me an email with all the details you are after. I think this unit has not been altered, so i can hopefully sort you out.
It ma take me a week or so to get the details for you though, off for a road trip tomorrow evening for a week.