Most powerful tracked skid steer?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

johnschwarz

My family farming operation is looking for the most powerful tracked skid steer that is on the market. Primarily, we would use a skid steer to run along side our excavator and push/pile up trees, brush, rocks, stumps, as well as push dirt. We have leased a JD CT332, and it is pretty impressive. The only thing I really can fault the machine on is that the cab is not air tight, and a lot of dirt and noise gets in. We recently demoed a CAT 287 and I could not believe how less of a machine it was than the CT 332. Quite frankly, although the sealed cab was awesome, the machine had half the power. I would love to hear some feedback on what people feel is the most powerful tracked skid steer on the market. I know that ASV seems to make the highest horsepower, but high horsepower does not always mean that the machine is the most powerful. Thanks for the help!

Tazza

Staff member
I know the T300 is a beast of a machine, but if you want serious pushing power, is a dozer an option? Or are you still after the loading abilities that a skid steer offers?

OP
OP
J

johnschwarz

I know the T300 is a beast of a machine, but if you want serious pushing power, is a dozer an option? Or are you still after the loading abilities that a skid steer offers?
You know, a skid steer is so much more faster and versatile than a dozer, that after running a tracked skid steer, I'd have a hard time getting back into a dozer when doing this type of work. Plus, I've found when pushing rocks, stumps, trees, etc, I did not push near the dirt with the skid steer as I would with the dozer. Primarily, I think this is because the visibility is so much better. In addition, when stacking the trees on a pile, being able to lift the trees lets you roll it onto the pile. With a dozer, you end up with a big pile that is spread out and does not burn near as well. Now that CAT (surprisingly) is off of our list, the Bobcat dealer is going to bring out a T300, and we're going to try that out. In my opinion, I think in the next few years they will have these skid steers up to 120 HP or higher. Makes a guy wonder if small dozers are going to be replaced. Interestingly, on New Holland's website it does a comparison of the different brands. The CT 332 had a breakout force of over 11,000 pounds, while ALL the other manufacturers are under 8,000 pounds. I wonder if that is why the CT 332 out performed the CAT 287. It will be very interesting to see how the BobCAT T300 performs.

skidsteer.ca

You know, a skid steer is so much more faster and versatile than a dozer, that after running a tracked skid steer, I'd have a hard time getting back into a dozer when doing this type of work. Plus, I've found when pushing rocks, stumps, trees, etc, I did not push near the dirt with the skid steer as I would with the dozer. Primarily, I think this is because the visibility is so much better. In addition, when stacking the trees on a pile, being able to lift the trees lets you roll it onto the pile. With a dozer, you end up with a big pile that is spread out and does not burn near as well. Now that CAT (surprisingly) is off of our list, the Bobcat dealer is going to bring out a T300, and we're going to try that out. In my opinion, I think in the next few years they will have these skid steers up to 120 HP or higher. Makes a guy wonder if small dozers are going to be replaced. Interestingly, on New Holland's website it does a comparison of the different brands. The CT 332 had a breakout force of over 11,000 pounds, while ALL the other manufacturers are under 8,000 pounds. I wonder if that is why the CT 332 out performed the CAT 287. It will be very interesting to see how the BobCAT T300 performs.
Can't say I checked into this but these guys are claiming the Takeuchi has the most track pull 13770 lbs, of any track loader, more then double a t300.
Some discussion here.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/construction-equipment/129326-track-loader-asv-cat-takeauchi.html
Mfg website
http://www.takeuchi-us.com/TL150.html
Ken

dozer

Can't say I checked into this but these guys are claiming the Takeuchi has the most track pull 13770 lbs, of any track loader, more then double a t300.
Some discussion here.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/construction-equipment/129326-track-loader-asv-cat-takeauchi.html
Mfg website
http://www.takeuchi-us.com/TL150.html
Ken
I know that my ASV 4810 has a 105 hp perkins diesel engine riding on 15" tracks that are the length of the skidsteer. I don't think it has the heaviest lifting capacity but it pushes something fierce.
It would be something to look at.
Dozer