Melroe 600

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Buckshot7711

Hey guys- need some help here with my latest purchase. I bought an old Melroe 600 loader with Wisconsin VF4D to do some work around the house- bought it knowing that it had a few hydraulic issues. Contacted a huge Bobcat dealer locally and gave the guy the serial number and told him it was a Melroe 600- he insisted I gave him the wrong serial number of the machine. I attempted several times to explain to him that the serial number is #71386- he didn't want to hear it. So basically you guys are the only help I can get regarding this machine. My vacuum guage is destroyed and have no idea what it was hooked up to? Also, if anyone has any part numbers pertaining to the machine's hydraulics or controls- I would really appreciate it if you shared with me as if I don't give this jerk a part number, he isn't going to know what I am talking about. This is the first skid steer I have ever owned, so I am learning as I go along, I don't even know what year this machine is. I have experience with bigger machines (JD544G, 410D, etc.) so any help would be greatly appreciated- thanks very much for your time.....

drider77

I had the same thing today too. I was looking at an old M444 and i called the dealer to find out more about the machine. He said that serial number didn't exist. I told him to look up a M444 and after he started looking at the M444 he found the serial number. So some how their serial number data base is not going back as far as these old machines.

6brnorma

i do believe that the 600 is the electric model. the 610 is gas powered
The M-600 came with a VF4D Wisconsin (Gas), M-600D diesel with Petter or Deutz or both (not sure) and the M-600E with the Reliance Electric. Probably some other options that I'm unaware of. The M-610 came with the VH4D Wisconsin as well as several other options also I believe.

OP
OP
B

Buckshot7711

The M-600 came with a VF4D Wisconsin (Gas), M-600D diesel with Petter or Deutz or both (not sure) and the M-600E with the Reliance Electric. Probably some other options that I'm unaware of. The M-610 came with the VH4D Wisconsin as well as several other options also I believe.
No it is definitely a 600 and it has the VF4D Wisconsin in it. Was wondering where to get directional levers/valves from as I am dealing with a uncooperative Bobcat dealer. Anybody know where the vacuum gauge went hooked to? That is all missing on this machine.....

6brnorma

No it is definitely a 600 and it has the VF4D Wisconsin in it. Was wondering where to get directional levers/valves from as I am dealing with a uncooperative Bobcat dealer. Anybody know where the vacuum gauge went hooked to? That is all missing on this machine.....
My advice would be to obtain a service manual (and parts manual if possible). If you have no other source try e-bay, they are available there all the time.......do a search under 600 bobcat or 610 bobcat. It is difficult for anyone to assist you without basic knowledge/names of parts and assemblies you need help with.

oldreliable

the vaccuum guage has a line that runs to the hydraulic filter housing, its purpose is to let you know when the filter needs changing.

kuny123

the vaccuum guage has a line that runs to the hydraulic filter housing, its purpose is to let you know when the filter needs changing.
when your standing in front of the machine looking down at the hydro filter housing, there is a 1/4 inch steel line on the left side of housing block, that line runs up to the gauge, its a vacuum gauge not a pressure gauge(i made that mistake, bought a pressure gauge to find out its supposed to be a vacuum)

mechtech

I have a service manual, but could use a parts manual if you have one.....let me know. Thanks -Larry
my email is listed in the posting above, just have to replace the appropriate letters with the number.
I have the 610 parts manual, it is 7.5 meg. and should email.
Scott

eboucher.6

my email is listed in the posting above, just have to replace the appropriate letters with the number.
I have the 610 parts manual, it is 7.5 meg. and should email.
Scott
im glad im not the only one having this issue... I called the dealer in RI and gave them my number, 61523, and he said I was missing too many number to run it. I even emailed them a picture of the plate and they didn't want to hear it..

6brnorma

im glad im not the only one having this issue... I called the dealer in RI and gave them my number, 61523, and he said I was missing too many number to run it. I even emailed them a picture of the plate and they didn't want to hear it..
eboucher……your number will be 4976-M-61523. Many of the parts guys don't realize the prefix was not stamped on the ID tags in the old days and assume you are unable to find that information. Your machine is a '67 or '68…….I'm not positive which but it is one of those two years.

eboucher.6

eboucher……your number will be 4976-M-61523. Many of the parts guys don't realize the prefix was not stamped on the ID tags in the old days and assume you are unable to find that information. Your machine is a '67 or '68…….I'm not positive which but it is one of those two years.
That's awesome. That should be a big help trying to get parts