maximum tilt

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ehchvac

what degree of slope can you take, front to back and side to side before you flip a 773 bobcat. this is the second bobcat I have owned but never have had that happen " and don't want to "

Tigerotor77W

Since I don't know the answer, I'll just ask another question... what attachment is on the machine? I'll see if I can find the answer, but I highly doubt any skid steer manufacturer tracks how steep of a hill the machine can climb without tipping. And just to be safe, it is much smarter to go up a heavy-end first. Unloaded, this this means back up a hill; loaded, going forward is fine.

bobbie-g

Since I don't know the answer, I'll just ask another question... what attachment is on the machine? I'll see if I can find the answer, but I highly doubt any skid steer manufacturer tracks how steep of a hill the machine can climb without tipping. And just to be safe, it is much smarter to go up a heavy-end first. Unloaded, this this means back up a hill; loaded, going forward is fine.
I have the same question. I have a 751. I've measured the angle at which it starts to rock back when going forward up a hill with a full bucket of dirt, it's about 23 degrees if I remember correctly. Backing uphill with a loaded bucket, the wheels start to spin at about the same angle, but it doesn't want to nose down at that angle. I'm more interested in the side-to-side angle (I have some mountain property). The only way I know to find out is to intentionally start to put it on its side with a jack, having a securing chain or cable on it and see where it gets tippy. Some day I'll try it. Since the wheel base is 35 inches and the width is 60 inches, it would seem to be more stable side-to-side, except for the weight being in the rear (which would make it less prone to tip front-to-back when backing uphill). Would be nice to know what the real answer is. ---Bob

OP
OP
E

ehchvac

I have the same question. I have a 751. I've measured the angle at which it starts to rock back when going forward up a hill with a full bucket of dirt, it's about 23 degrees if I remember correctly. Backing uphill with a loaded bucket, the wheels start to spin at about the same angle, but it doesn't want to nose down at that angle. I'm more interested in the side-to-side angle (I have some mountain property). The only way I know to find out is to intentionally start to put it on its side with a jack, having a securing chain or cable on it and see where it gets tippy. Some day I'll try it. Since the wheel base is 35 inches and the width is 60 inches, it would seem to be more stable side-to-side, except for the weight being in the rear (which would make it less prone to tip front-to-back when backing uphill). Would be nice to know what the real answer is. ---Bob
I was more concerned side to side also. I can stop a problem front to back ,but side to side there is not a lot of coming back from.

1fatcat

I was more concerned side to side also. I can stop a problem front to back ,but side to side there is not a lot of coming back from.
The opperators manual may tell you? I have an opperators manual for my new holland and it states that 26 degrees is the maximum safe working angle for any direction, forward, rearward and side to side. This is most likely different from one machine to another, but I just thought I'd mention that it is in my opperators manual....maybe in yours too?

1fatcat

The opperators manual may tell you? I have an opperators manual for my new holland and it states that 26 degrees is the maximum safe working angle for any direction, forward, rearward and side to side. This is most likely different from one machine to another, but I just thought I'd mention that it is in my opperators manual....maybe in yours too?
Oops. I read the manual wrong. It states that the maximum angle for ENGINE OPERATION on an intermittent basis is 26 degrees in any direction.