max hyd temp

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

doggggboy

What is the max hydraulic temp recommended? I have been running the rototiller during hot weather and the temps hover around 160.

Tazza

Staff member
Depends if you are talking degrees C or F. I remember something about temperature being ok to around 100 - 120C. I was sure this is the temperature setting of the temperature sender in my 743 that turns on a light if its too hot. Personally over 100C is too warm for my liking.

skidsteer.ca

Depends if you are talking degrees C or F. I remember something about temperature being ok to around 100 - 120C. I was sure this is the temperature setting of the temperature sender in my 743 that turns on a light if its too hot. Personally over 100C is too warm for my liking.
160 f is still not bad for extreme ambient temps. The cooler the better down to 120 f or so.
Temps over 250 make cylinder packings, rubber O rings etc brittle and cause seepage and leaks over time
300 f is getting to the red line temp wise imho.
Ken

OP
OP
D

doggggboy

160 f is still not bad for extreme ambient temps. The cooler the better down to 120 f or so.
Temps over 250 make cylinder packings, rubber O rings etc brittle and cause seepage and leaks over time
300 f is getting to the red line temp wise imho.
Ken
Thanks guys. Sounds like I am well within limits.