M610 Clutch pin washer location

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jmirolli

The lever handle was sticking on one side, so I decided to tear down the clutches and see what was sticking. I could see where the clutch actuating bar was rubbing, so I ended up pulling the clutch pins. Trying to find a 1-9/32 wrench was a different story. Anyway, adjusted the actuator nuts and put everything back together. No sticking on the lever but I had a hydraulic leak on the clutch shaft holding nut. When I took it apart, there was a star-washer and then the nut, so that is what I put back on. So, torn everything back down again and could not find anything wrong on how I put it back together the first time, so I put everything back on, and still have the leak. It is leaking on the outside of the hydraulic tank, underneath the seat. Researching online with the parts diagram, I see that there was suppose to be a a lead washer. (part 6505041) that I never saw initially. I ordered new ones from Bobcat but the question is where does the washer actually go? Is it suppose to be on the inside of the hydraulic tank, or the outside, by the hydraulic hose connections? If it is suppose to go inside the tank, why didn't I see it initially? It wasn't leaking before, and when I was taking things apart, I never saw it. I would have thought that I would have seen it when pulling the pins out initially. If it was a lead washer, could it have broke apart when I was inside the cab pulling the holding nut, and now is sitting in the bottom of the hyd tank? Anyone dealt with the adjusting the clutch pins and have any insight? Thanks

alchemysa

Its not on the inside of the tank. Its outside, under the big nut with the connections. There should be two washers on the outside... a lead one and a star locking washer. There are 4 clutch shafts. Do the other 3 have washers? Facebook has a group especially for old style Bobcats of this vintage. https://www.facebook.com/groups/514210022260732

OP
OP
J

jmirolli

Its not on the inside of the tank. Its outside, under the big nut with the connections. There should be two washers on the outside... a lead one and a star locking washer. There are 4 clutch shafts. Do the other 3 have washers? Facebook has a group especially for old style Bobcats of this vintage. https://www.facebook.com/groups/514210022260732
The only washer on the outside was the star washer, nothing else. When I backed off the mounting nut on the forward clutch pin, the washer and nut stayed on the hydraulic line, it could not have fallen off. I checked the other side and I can only see the star washer and not another one. I found one set of Bobcat parts diagram that had just a star and then another one that had both, but since I can't verify what the serial number is, I wasn't sure. I checked the engine serial number and the motor was dated 1969, so who knows what has been done to it in the last 50 years, before I got a hold of it. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
J

jmirolli

The only washer on the outside was the star washer, nothing else. When I backed off the mounting nut on the forward clutch pin, the washer and nut stayed on the hydraulic line, it could not have fallen off. I checked the other side and I can only see the star washer and not another one. I found one set of Bobcat parts diagram that had just a star and then another one that had both, but since I can't verify what the serial number is, I wasn't sure. I checked the engine serial number and the motor was dated 1969, so who knows what has been done to it in the last 50 years, before I got a hold of it. Thanks for the info!
I assume the order would be: tank wall -> lead washer -> Star washer -> Nut