m 700 hydro fluid change.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

HappyNewBob

So I removed both side covers and sucked out as much fluid from the two tanks as I could (besides I just got this machine and wanted to check the running gear). Then filled the machine with new fluid. Then I removed the oil cooler and pumped out and sucked in more fluid. (I am doing all this because the old stuff was Grey and milky) I needed to braze the cylinder steel line so I also pumped new fluid out of the bucket lines. I know I have air in the system. So the question is do I need to bleed the air from ever line I can get my hands on Or will I work its way out. I thought it would bleed itself with a little time. But I want to be sure. Second question is do I check the level with it running or shut down. Thanks Happy standing by

skidsteer.ca

That model is not one I've had my hands on, but believe it will self bleed with a few cycles up and down and a leisurely drive (just roll along,save the tight turns for later)
Don't believe the level will read any different running or not (no torque converter like a auto tranny to fill or drain down)
Good luck
Ken