M-610 Auxilliary Hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Csangster

The center foot control on my aux hydraulics is stuck. I am in the middle of servicing the hydraulic system, replacing the filter, changing the oil, etc. The oil is VERY bad, looks like cappuccino coffee....REALLY milky, and my filter had an ice cube brick frozen in the element. So I know water is in the system. I'm guessing that it has been so long since the aux hydraulics were actuated that the valving has gummed/seized up. The water in the oil coupled with lack of use and the valve won't move. My question is this: is there anything I can do with the valves still mounted in the bobcat to try to free the auxiliary hydraulics up? A liberal application of PB Blaster and a swift strike with a hammer to knock anything loose? The other foot pedals actuate the hydraulics, it's only the middle pedal that doesn't move.

Tazza

Staff member
PB plaster and a soft hammer is about all i can suggest. See if it moves, but if it's rust holding it in place, there is a good chance it will damage the seals in the control block. Hopefully it's just gummed up from sitting and not due to rust though.
You can disconnected the linkage to the control block to know it's not just a siezed linkage between the pedal and the control block?

OP
OP
C

Csangster

PB plaster and a soft hammer is about all i can suggest. See if it moves, but if it's rust holding it in place, there is a good chance it will damage the seals in the control block. Hopefully it's just gummed up from sitting and not due to rust though.
You can disconnected the linkage to the control block to know it's not just a siezed linkage between the pedal and the control block?
I'll give that a shot. The aux lines need love as well so I will be looking at them as well.

OP
OP
C

Csangster

So I gave it a rap or two and it looked like it was moving, so I hooked the pedal up and tried to actuate it. The pin was so rusted and corroded that it sheared. I need to remove the entire control valve assembly to get in there and rework it. What should I be on the lookout for?

flyerdan

So I gave it a rap or two and it looked like it was moving, so I hooked the pedal up and tried to actuate it. The pin was so rusted and corroded that it sheared. I need to remove the entire control valve assembly to get in there and rework it. What should I be on the lookout for?
In the manual thread there is a book called Melroe Control Valves, which has all the info on rebuilding the multi valve bodies on these. There should be one for cylinders as well.
The facebook Melroe group will also be helpful as there are a lot of clutch machines there.

OP
OP
C

Csangster

In the manual thread there is a book called Melroe Control Valves, which has all the info on rebuilding the multi valve bodies on these. There should be one for cylinders as well.
The facebook Melroe group will also be helpful as there are a lot of clutch machines there.
I pulled the control valve assembly out and sprayed wd40 inside, outside and everywhere. I was able to get everything loosened up and moving (spools). I used compressed air to blow it out when actuating the spools. Reassembled everything. Skid is running now and I can actuate the middle pedal now. When I give it heel, I can tell that it is loading the system, but toe doesn't do anything. The adjustment of the pedal is puzzling, if I adjust it so I get enough travel on the heel, when I give it toe it goes 'over center' and doesn't push the spool in. Make sense? I'm also a bit confused about the operation of the third pedal. I also have a actuating handle for aux hydraulics in the right side of the cockpit. Looks like it controls the rear aux hydraulics. Can anyone give me an idea of how the system is supposed to function when in use? Thanks Chris