M 600 crank case venting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

upnorth4951

Does your m -600 or 610 crank case breath threw the oil fill tube to the carb elbow like mine ? Wondering why as it's a fairly small breather. Thanks

alchemysa

I assume you are referring to the engine crankcase. Mine just breathes through the oil filler cap.

OP
OP
U

upnorth4951

Yes….alchemysa is correct….they breath through the cap.
My 600 has had a VH4D as a replacement engine at some point (no hour meter). I just found a schematic that shows the breather going from oil filler tube to the carb elbow with a solid cap on the oil filler. I thought it might have been a home made job but looks correct on this model. I was curious as I had a weird backfire that blew dipstick and oil cap right off. It's only happened once so far and am hoping for the best. Thanks guys!

6brnorma

My 600 has had a VH4D as a replacement engine at some point (no hour meter). I just found a schematic that shows the breather going from oil filler tube to the carb elbow with a solid cap on the oil filler. I thought it might have been a home made job but looks correct on this model. I was curious as I had a weird backfire that blew dipstick and oil cap right off. It's only happened once so far and am hoping for the best. Thanks guys!
You have it hooked up correctly. Both the VF4D and the VH4D have a tube that runs from the oil filler tube to the air inflow tube just before the carburetor. Mine also have an oil cap that has a breather in them……can't say that is standard or not. I would think the 1/4 - 3/8 in line would be enough but that plus the breather in the cap is plenty.
The backfire is a bit disconcerting however.