LX865 TURBO need help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

littledav

I have a oil light coming on, then it is shutting down. what is causeing this? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

mllud

Its shutting down because there is a problem with either oil pressure/colant temp./hydraulic temp/ hydraulic pressure. It could be a bad sender.
They are made too shut down to protect the machine from damage. If you can read the light I have the manual on your loader and might be able to help Mike

mllud

Its shutting down because there is a problem with either oil pressure/colant temp./hydraulic temp/ hydraulic pressure. It could be a bad sender.
They are made too shut down to protect the machine from damage. If you can read the light I have the manual on your loader and might be able to help Mike
I didnt read your post well. duh Check the wire going to the sending unit. The first thing you might do is replace the sending unit. they do go bad. Mike

OP
OP
L

littledav

I didnt read your post well. duh Check the wire going to the sending unit. The first thing you might do is replace the sending unit. they do go bad. Mike
What do you mean "read the light"? If you mean what light is flashing, it's the oil light. (I'm on here asking for my husband, so please excuse me if I sound dumb on this.) Where /what is the sending unit? He said he knew what that was, for for my own peace of mind, will you fill me in? Thanks hope

mllud

What do you mean "read the light"? If you mean what light is flashing, it's the oil light. (I'm on here asking for my husband, so please excuse me if I sound dumb on this.) Where /what is the sending unit? He said he knew what that was, for for my own peace of mind, will you fill me in? Thanks hope
I apologize. I didnt read your post well. You have identified that your oil light is the problem. It is meant to shut the loader off if your oil pressure drops. that protects the engine from damage.
The sending unit sences how much oil pressure you have.If it drops below a certain pressure it shuts down. It's located on the right side of the engine near the oil filter. It looks similar to a spark plug with a single wire connected.
The sending unit can go bad and give a false reading and shut down. Make sure the wire has a solid connection.I would replace the sendor if the wire looks good.
It could be your oil pump also. Each time you start and it runs for a short time it could be running without pressure. If you replace the sendor and it doesnt fix it you can hook a gauge up to see if you have pressure. Mike

OP
OP
L

littledav

I apologize. I didnt read your post well. You have identified that your oil light is the problem. It is meant to shut the loader off if your oil pressure drops. that protects the engine from damage.
The sending unit sences how much oil pressure you have.If it drops below a certain pressure it shuts down. It's located on the right side of the engine near the oil filter. It looks similar to a spark plug with a single wire connected.
The sending unit can go bad and give a false reading and shut down. Make sure the wire has a solid connection.I would replace the sendor if the wire looks good.
It could be your oil pump also. Each time you start and it runs for a short time it could be running without pressure. If you replace the sendor and it doesnt fix it you can hook a gauge up to see if you have pressure. Mike
Hey, Thanks Mike, I'll print that off and give this to him. Maybe he can get this fixed now. Thanks alot

OP
OP
L

littledav

Hey, Thanks Mike, I'll print that off and give this to him. Maybe he can get this fixed now. Thanks alot
Ok changed the sending unit & oil filter. But haven't checked the oil pressure. I'm looking for someone that has a gauge to check it with. I'll post back when we get this done and let ya know. It's a 1999-2000 model.

mllud

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/2725341-new-holland-ls120-ls125-skid-steer-loader My email address is [email protected]
You could go buy a oil pressure guage at an auto parts store and tap into one of those 1/4 inch pipe plugs by the oil filter then run the tubing into the cab and mount the gauge where you could leave it.
Then you would always have a manual guage to see what your oil pressure is.I think you could get one for less than 15 dollars.
I hope the sender fixes your problem.
Mike

Latest posts