LX665

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RAYZOR

Does anyone have any experience with the gear pump on the lx665? Monday i noticed oil coming from underneath and found a crack in the body of the gear pump.I ordered only the part that cracked,inspected the gears and reassembled.I dont have any hydraulics now after filling the reservoir and running the engine for a few minutes.Is there a way to bleed the system or would it make any difference?I didnt see any other damage or leaks but not sure why the case split in the first place.

Mike10

How close did you examine the two gears. Often in a pump failure one of the gears will split or shear the key between the shaft and the gear and thus will not drive the pump. Since excessive pressure is what cracks the pump housing, you should also replace the relief valve in the control valve. Did you install the center housing in the correct orientation and did you install a new seal kit?
A relief valve stuck in the open positon will also keep the hydraulics from working. I have seen parts of needle bearings get stuck in the relief valve and if anyting did go through the pump the next stop is the control valve and the relief valve.
You should not need to bleed the pump since the reservoir oil level is higher than the pump inlet.

OP
OP
R

RAYZOR

How close did you examine the two gears. Often in a pump failure one of the gears will split or shear the key between the shaft and the gear and thus will not drive the pump. Since excessive pressure is what cracks the pump housing, you should also replace the relief valve in the control valve. Did you install the center housing in the correct orientation and did you install a new seal kit?
A relief valve stuck in the open positon will also keep the hydraulics from working. I have seen parts of needle bearings get stuck in the relief valve and if anyting did go through the pump the next stop is the control valve and the relief valve.
You should not need to bleed the pump since the reservoir oil level is higher than the pump inlet.
Thank you for the help Mike.I didnt see any problems with the gears and i did put the center back the way it came off.I didnt remove the whole pump,just the front cover and the center so i reused the oring.Ill check the relief valve next.I had to put a couple gallons in it to get it on the trailer and off so the hydraulics were functioning when i unloaded and took it apart.Again thanks for the help.

OP
OP
R

RAYZOR

Thank you for the help Mike.I didnt see any problems with the gears and i did put the center back the way it came off.I didnt remove the whole pump,just the front cover and the center so i reused the oring.Ill check the relief valve next.I had to put a couple gallons in it to get it on the trailer and off so the hydraulics were functioning when i unloaded and took it apart.Again thanks for the help.
I gave up and took it to the mechanic.

OP
OP
R

RAYZOR

Let us know how it goes when you get it back.
Needs a gear pump,the circuit board overhead and the seat safety switch.Ive been running it in service mode for two years.I cant wait to have it back,picks and shovels suck haha.

Tazza

Staff member
Needs a gear pump,the circuit board overhead and the seat safety switch.Ive been running it in service mode for two years.I cant wait to have it back,picks and shovels suck haha.
hehe so very true, it sure can save a lot of manual labour :)
Ouch, nore than one issue, hopefully you get out of it at a respectable price.