LX665 Not starting/ seat switches???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dieselrider

I have a LX665 that has been giving me problems starting. At first I was able to unlatch and latch the seat belt a couple times and it would fire and run properly. So I believed my seat belt switch was bad. However, the seat belt switch checked with an ohm meter reads closed each time the seat belt is plugged in. My next suspects are one of the two seat switches under the seat. The contacts were corroded so I cleaned them and tried again. Machine will not start and the park break lamp continues to flash after the seat belt is plugged in. Also the seat switches appear to make contact each time when depressed. (Again checked continuity with ohm meter on the bench). Could they just not be getting depressed enough while in the machine? Can I jumper across the contacts to see if one of these switches is bad or are there other things in that circuit to look at first? Thank you for your input.

jerry

starter interlock relay in the engine bay fuse box is a common cause of things like this. If you repeatedly try the key does it sometimes work? Interlock relay used to be about 45 bucks.

jerry

starter interlock relay in the engine bay fuse box is a common cause of things like this. If you repeatedly try the key does it sometimes work? Interlock relay used to be about 45 bucks.
Search this forum for starter interlock and see if the symptoms match yours.

OP
OP
D

Dieselrider

Search this forum for starter interlock and see if the symptoms match yours.
Thank you both. I think I got it. Had a few minutes this afternoon and even though I had cleaned the contacts, I noticed more corrosion down inside the one connector. Hard for me to see down in places like that when I have to tilt my head way back with these trifocals. Anyway, after cleaning that good and coating with dielectric grease, I reassembled and things are working again.

jerry

Thank you both. I think I got it. Had a few minutes this afternoon and even though I had cleaned the contacts, I noticed more corrosion down inside the one connector. Hard for me to see down in places like that when I have to tilt my head way back with these trifocals. Anyway, after cleaning that good and coating with dielectric grease, I reassembled and things are working again.
good to hear that solved it, it is always good when the solution doesnt cost a lot.

Latest posts