LS185.B Bleed Lines Help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hhaul

Great Forum! First time posting. Thanks. My LS185.B quit on me. Figured it was fuel, so I traced the lines. I found a hole rubbed in the line between the tank and the fuel filter. I replaced the fuel line and can manually pump fuel now into the filter. I have loosened the banjo bolt on the top of the injector pump like the manual says to do to bleed the lines. I can't get fuel to come out. As I continue to pump the hand pump, it becomes "loose", like it is not pumping anything. If I loosen the bottom of the fuel filter, air sprays out and them the fuel, then the hand pump "stiffens" again. I am assuming that I am not bleeding the lines correctly. How does one correctly bleed the lines. I am assuming this is the problem for it not starting. There is no smoke at all coming out the exhause when I crank. Thanks

Earthwerks Unlimited

That looseness is normal. What I do is loosen an injector line at the injector, then just keep starting it. I've done this more times than I would like to admit. One you get flow from the injector tighten it and then you should see smoke then rough starting then complete ignition. Starting it over and over takes the place of priming by hand.