LS180 Tilt Cylinder Rebuild

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cedolvin

The tilt cylinders on my 2001 LS180 need to be rebuilt as they are leaking oil past the seals during operation. I have already taken one of the cylinders apart to rebuild, but am having a difficult time tracking down the correct seals/kit. Is 86570931 the correct kit number to have all the necessary seals, wipers, o-rings, etc.? It is hard to tell from the photos or lack their of online what all is included and I would like to be confident that I am ordering what is needed. Also, any rough guess on what they should cost if I can find a local hydraulic shop that will sell them directly to me?

wings5j

I don't know if this is much help but I have an old Davis D100 backhoe. When I needed to rebuild one of the cylinders I needed up going to a local hydraulic shop with all my old seals, wipers, etc.

They measured and matched every one of them and it was quite reasonable. In fact it was so reasonable that I bought a full extra set to have on hand (the D100 uses three identical cylinders).

Best wishes on your project.

OP
OP
C

cedolvin

I don't know if this is much help but I have an old Davis D100 backhoe. When I needed to rebuild one of the cylinders I needed up going to a local hydraulic shop with all my old seals, wipers, etc.

They measured and matched every one of them and it was quite reasonable. In fact it was so reasonable that I bought a full extra set to have on hand (the D100 uses three identical cylinders).

Best wishes on your project.
Thanks. I called a local shop as well and will probably go that route as well. They estimated about $65 for everything which seems a little steep considering there are tilt cylinder kits online for $25.

Rayhat

try Messicks for a rebuild kit or OEM parts#. Your Skidsteer isn't that old not to find those numbers. Even New Holland online. They would be around $25-$35 bucks per set for a standard 3 or 4 seals here on Long Island NY. Can't talk about prices elsewhere. Oh and those are Pre Pandemic prices. Now all bets are of.

Shanmar

86570931 is the correct kit for all the seals in the bucket cylinder. If you look up the LS180 on Messicks online parts system, go to 07 hydraulic systems and then diagram 07.02.01 - BUCKET CYLINDER you'll find the parts breakdown. If the cylinder worked fine (good lift and not excessive leak down) I usually only replace items 12, 14, and 16 for leaking out the rod on our machine.

OP
OP
C

cedolvin

Thanks for all the pointers. We were able to track down and old school hydraulic shop that have been in business for about 50 years and they got us hooked up with the correct seals and wear rings. Ole girl is back up and running like new.