Ls180 issue with spewing hydraulic oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jsinpa

Hi everyone...its been a while since I posted on here. Anyways, last night we were out doing snow removal and at first couldn't get it started (realized the battery terminals loosened up)..once we tightened them, it fired right up. So we were running all night and when we were done and parked the machine, I noticed what appeared to be hydraulic oil leaking pretty good. The odd thing is, where it was literally leaking and dripping at was on the left side of the machine, right around the plate which covers the chain drive i believe. It was all over that side and on the wheels as well. My buddy that was running the machine said it was running fine all night, so not sure when it happened. So today, I went back to check it out and there was hydraulic oil all over the place. I lifted the hood and pulled the dipstick to see if there was any hydraulic oil in it and it was completely drained. I lifted the seat up and looked in that area, but didn't see anything that looked wrong. Has this happened to anyone else?? Not sure what it could be..its a 2000 Ls180 with 2964 hours on it. Any ideas on what it could be???

Mike10

Take the fender off on that side and you will probably find that one of the boom lift cylinder hoses are leaking. It could also be one of the steel lines the hose attaches to.