ls170

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

johnnybgood

ls170 hydraulic charge pressure light and alarm going off shuts down engine everything works fine as it should fluid level normal no leaks any help greatly appreciated

Mike10

Replace the oil pressure sensor. Remove the right side hood panel. The sender is directly below the hyd oil filter sticking straight out at you. It has two terminals.

jayjay363

happens to me all the time, sooo frustrating! I replaced the sensor and PRESTO, it went away for a few weeks, then BOOM, it came back. Took the sensor out and brought it to the dealership and it was faulty, brought the machine down there, and had it all checked out, a ok from the dealer. Put the new sensor back in and a month later...BOOM...here it goes again....i pulled the wire off of it and I'm taking my chances...four months and no light no alarm and running fine!

happens to me all the time, sooo frustrating! I replaced the sensor and PRESTO, it went away for a few weeks, then BOOM, it came back. Took the sensor out and brought it to the dealership and it was faulty, brought the machine down there, and had it all checked out, a ok from the dealer. Put the new sensor back in and a month later...BOOM...here it goes again....i pulled the wire off of it and I'm taking my chances...four months and no light no alarm and running fine!
I know this post is old but it got the answer I needed. My LS170 is shutting down even after running for hours. Charge Pressure light came on and within 30 seconds it shut down. Strange thing though, it gave a readout saying "Cold" with the count down despite running for hours. Any clues? Also, what is part number for that sensor?

I know this post is old but it got the answer I needed. My LS170 is shutting down even after running for hours. Charge Pressure light came on and within 30 seconds it shut down. Strange thing though, it gave a readout saying "Cold" with the count down despite running for hours. Any clues? Also, what is part number for that sensor?
Was also wondering if I bypassed the sensor with a jumper wire and the engine stayed on, would that verify the switch being bad? Found the part number after looking at switch decal.

Mike10

Was also wondering if I bypassed the sensor with a jumper wire and the engine stayed on, would that verify the switch being bad? Found the part number after looking at switch decal.
If the engine stays running then all you know is the switch is causing the shut down, but you do not know if the switch is bad or you have low charge pressure. Replace the switch. It is common for those switches to fail.

OK will do. Thanks
Changed out the sensor. Very simple. The machine is staying on. Before I changed out the sensor, I raised the boom in order to remove the side plate and set the locks. Correct me if I'm wrong, this is an important step in preventing the boom from coming down when the sensor is removed as there is pressure behind it from the hydraulic fluid. I was not going to test this theory so I just went ahead and locked the boom and changed the sensor. There was a little initial pressure behind it when it was removed. Then some slight weeping until the new sensor went in. I also put a couple wraps on Teflon tape on the threads prior to installing. The terminal screws are not steel. So if you drop them in the belly pan, a magnet will not retrieve them. The screws are brass so hold tight!!