Looking for used hydrostatic motor for 520-643

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

j12wil

I need a front tappered shaft for a 520 bobcat( I believe the same motor on several units from 520 to 643) they are no longer available at the dealer I have check with many of the salvage lots i found on the computer search but no luck. I'll buy the complete pump if you have one. The new replacement one on line says you have to replace both sides because they are different speed. maybe someone has done this and would like to sell the old one. 208 964 0236

Tazza

Staff member
Are you talking about the drive motor? where it locks into the chain case or are you talking an axle? you mention a pump, are you talking about a pump section? as a shaft on its own won't change speed but a new pump could as its not worn like the other most likely is.

OP
OP
J

j12wil

Are you talking about the drive motor? where it locks into the chain case or are you talking an axle? you mention a pump, are you talking about a pump section? as a shaft on its own won't change speed but a new pump could as its not worn like the other most likely is.
This is the hydrostatic motor that drives the chains on each wheel. The dealer doesn't sell the shaft or any other parts for the hydro motor. The replacement motor they have is different speed so you have to replace both motors. So I need a motor or a front tappered shaft from the old style motor to repair mind. Thank you

Tazza

Staff member
This is the hydrostatic motor that drives the chains on each wheel. The dealer doesn't sell the shaft or any other parts for the hydro motor. The replacement motor they have is different speed so you have to replace both motors. So I need a motor or a front tappered shaft from the old style motor to repair mind. Thank you
Now i understand you, different motor!
It is an old machine So i guess its normal for parts to become harder to get. Is the motor still ok? just the shaft is the problem correct? I was wondering if a machine shop would be able to machine a new one for you. Naturally this depends on how complex it is, if its just a tapered shaft thats simple, but if there are internal splines its getting a little tougher and the price will be crazy.
Hopefully you will be able to get your hands on a used one in good working order.

OP
OP
J

j12wil

Now i understand you, different motor!
It is an old machine So i guess its normal for parts to become harder to get. Is the motor still ok? just the shaft is the problem correct? I was wondering if a machine shop would be able to machine a new one for you. Naturally this depends on how complex it is, if its just a tapered shaft thats simple, but if there are internal splines its getting a little tougher and the price will be crazy.
Hopefully you will be able to get your hands on a used one in good working order.
Yes this has internal splines. The motor is a Ross mae 24012 this is the same as mae 24021 and mae 24024 Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Yes this has internal splines. The motor is a Ross mae 24012 this is the same as mae 24021 and mae 24024 Thanks
The only other place i can think of is http://www.skidloaderpumps.com
Absolute last resort, he may be able to get you 2 new motors so the speed is the same, his prices are a lot better than the dealer. Its worth at least an e-mail i guess.
Sorry i can't be of any more help :(

kcils1

The only other place i can think of is http://www.skidloaderpumps.com
Absolute last resort, he may be able to get you 2 new motors so the speed is the same, his prices are a lot better than the dealer. Its worth at least an e-mail i guess.
Sorry i can't be of any more help :(
Have you tried Attica Hydraulics 1 800-422 -4279. They are on the web. tring to help.

langoley

no luck at Attica or at the main machine shop to build one. Still looking.
I happen to have a 642 sitting here on the farn that I rolled ,yed end over end,(it was not fun).The drive motors should be the same as yours.

OP
OP
J

j12wil

I happen to have a 642 sitting here on the farn that I rolled ,yed end over end,(it was not fun).The drive motors should be the same as yours.
I'm interested in the Hydrostatic wheel motor. please call me at 208 964 0236 or give me your number and I'll call you I believe it will fit if your machines serial # is before 13345. [email protected] Thank You Jeff

655mac

I'm interested in the Hydrostatic wheel motor. please call me at 208 964 0236 or give me your number and I'll call you I believe it will fit if your machines serial # is before 13345. [email protected] Thank You Jeff
I recently had similar problems with the drive motor on my 632.A dealer here in NC said he could get parts for those motors including the shaft.If you want to try, its Lenoir Tractor here in Lenoir phone 828-758-5506 Hope this helps

655mac

I recently had similar problems with the drive motor on my 632.A dealer here in NC said he could get parts for those motors including the shaft.If you want to try, its Lenoir Tractor here in Lenoir phone 828-758-5506 Hope this helps
Langoly,What parts do have left & where are you?

langoley

Langoly,What parts do have left & where are you?
I am in Greenbrier county West Virginia,just off I-64.I have not yet started to dismantle the machine,so everything is there from the "fan" assembly forward.I just bought another 642 to replace this one,I brought it home from Knoxville Tn. on Dec.3.The preveious owner said the engine is low on compression.I figure I will take the 2 and make 1(engine).He had just replaced the u-joint behind the engine,decent tires ,nice bucket,all for $1800.Now that is with the engine out,so it is a project for now.