Log splitter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

paydaddy

Thanks E. W. What bore and stroke ram did you make yours out of and did you go vertical or horizontal?

Earthwerks Unlimited

I used a 4" ID x 24" ram. I have back issues so I raised mine up on 3.5 foot legs and kept it horizontal. Mine uses a section of railroad track turned up side down for the ways or slide. The first car rim I squished I snapped the railroad track in half. Now that's power! BTW there is no need to start another thread if you want to reply to this or another post. Simply press the REPLY link.

OP
OP
P

paydaddy

I used a 4" ID x 24" ram. I have back issues so I raised mine up on 3.5 foot legs and kept it horizontal. Mine uses a section of railroad track turned up side down for the ways or slide. The first car rim I squished I snapped the railroad track in half. Now that's power! BTW there is no need to start another thread if you want to reply to this or another post. Simply press the REPLY link.
Thanks E.W. I'm thinking I am gonna go horizontal so I don't have to stand the wood upright. Hopefully it will work as good as yours.

Latest posts