Log Grapple

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kodiak Kid

I recently purchased a BC S175 fir smaller logging and land scaping applications. Can anyone recommend the type and weight of grapple that will work best for this specific machine and my intended use fir it?

Also, Track over tires. Im looking at the camso solid rubber track for working in the woods.

Opinions or advice anyone? Any will be greatly appreciated!

This is what Im looking at now for a grapple and tracks.
Im looking at the 72" model of this grapple. Around 600 lbs I think.
1674675232699808610741992767766.jpg
16746744944275249195360269170106.jpg
Screenshot_20230127-154233-723~2.png

Last edited:

brdgbldr

Grapple looks ok. The two grapples on top should work together in order to accommodate odd shapes. In other words, when you clamp down on something, if one of the grapples clamps first the other should continue to move until it clamps down.

I have come across some that once one grapple stops so does the other. It makes for a very unstable load.

OP
OP
Kodiak Kid

Kodiak Kid

Grapple looks ok. The two grapples on top should work together in order to accommodate odd shapes. In other words, when you clamp down on something, if one of the grapples clamps first the other should continue to move until it clamps down.

I have come across some that once one grapple stops so does the other. It makes for a very unstable load.
Do you think I will need any additional hoses other than the two provided, or any priority valves?

brdgbldr

I would think that the grapple would have everything needed to just hook it op and use it.

You should check what type and size of quick coupler it comes with or if you need to provide those yourself.

I had one attachment that came and I had to switch the quick couplers because it operated backwards, but that was no big deal.

OP
OP
Kodiak Kid

Kodiak Kid

Also, where are the auxiliary hydraulic controls for using a rock grapple on a standard foot control model S175?

Markle

My 753 controls are on the right hand stick from operators seat. It's the toggle. Activate hydraulic system first (push button). You mention logging. Then you know log weights add up fast with increased %moisture, diameter or length . For example, an 8 ft white oak, 24 inch dia weighs about 1500 lbs. add grapple weight and you're close to a ton, which may exceed your lift capacity/tipping weight limit. Just sayin'