loading backhoe attachment onto trailer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

[email protected]

my 643 came with a 907 backhoe as i'm sure some have read. i want to load my bobcat with backhoe into my 7x10 dump trailer, but it's too long. i was hoping to back into the trailer and let it hang out the back. it's a low profile trailer and the ramps are 5', so it's not too steep. will it tip forward? if so, how unsafe is it the put the hoe down so it won't tip? thanks.

Kermode

Yes it will tip forward. Unsafe? I guess that depends on your definition of the word. I always load my 185 with the 811 backhoe forward because I don't like the feeling loading it backward. Try it. What's the worst that could happen? :D

OP
OP
T

[email protected]

Yes it will tip forward. Unsafe? I guess that depends on your definition of the word. I always load my 185 with the 811 backhoe forward because I don't like the feeling loading it backward. Try it. What's the worst that could happen? :D
I can't drive it forward. my dump trailer has 5' expanded metal sides on it. its so damn versatile, its just not ideal to haul with haha

KarlB

I can't drive it forward. my dump trailer has 5' expanded metal sides on it. its so damn versatile, its just not ideal to haul with haha
7x10 sounds really small to fit both a 643+hoe. The 643 with a bucket is already 10' long. I really don't see how you're going to fit both, never mind safely (properly tied down, balanced ok). It is also going to be quite a target for enforcement to pull you over.
A few bumps and you may have your hoe bucket dragging on the ground.
Send us pics after the trip if you try it. :)

...karl

7LBSSMALLIE

i guess you have never see a full sized backhoe loaded into back of dump truck . or a skid steer hopping from one rail car to another , is it safe probally not .but can be done . grow a pair

KarlB

i guess you have never see a full sized backhoe loaded into back of dump truck . or a skid steer hopping from one rail car to another , is it safe probally not .but can be done . grow a pair
I've seen it. Seen it pulled over a lot too.
I just don't like to be driving behind it.
...karl, who has a pair ;)

OP
OP
T

[email protected]

i'll just try it. it will only hang out the back about a foot tops because i can turn the boom sideways and keep the machine tight to one side. i have a bobcat trialer too but i need to change the brakes, this is just interim.

7LBSSMALLIE

YOU ARE ABOUSTELY CORRECT.COMPLANCEY KILLS. TRUST YOURE INSTINTICTS, if you feel it aint safe its probally not, hindsight is left to those , enough said,that was my bad posting the grow a pair. heavy equip is inherantraly dangerous ,(make no mistake one moment of intention will kill you)

OP
OP
T

[email protected]

YOU ARE ABOUSTELY CORRECT.COMPLANCEY KILLS. TRUST YOURE INSTINTICTS, if you feel it aint safe its probally not, hindsight is left to those , enough said,that was my bad posting the grow a pair. heavy equip is inherantraly dangerous ,(make no mistake one moment of intention will kill you)
yea, you know i thought about that yesterday. i'm used to a shovel and a wheel barrow. i did what would take me an hour in about 10 minutes with my bobcat yesterday. these things are powerful and are no joke.

mahans7

yea, you know i thought about that yesterday. i'm used to a shovel and a wheel barrow. i did what would take me an hour in about 10 minutes with my bobcat yesterday. these things are powerful and are no joke.
I'm trying to figure out a dump trailer size for my new to me 743 with a 909 backhoe. Sounds like a 14 foot long trailer would work?

OP
OP
T

[email protected]

I'm trying to figure out a dump trailer size for my new to me 743 with a 909 backhoe. Sounds like a 14 foot long trailer would work?
i would think a 14 would be good. awful long trailer haha. my dump is 10', i wish it was a 12. is what it is though.