LIST OF PROBLEMS BY OTHER OWNER

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mustang2105

Gehl Problems -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In addition to the lift arms developing slack: 1. all three machines overheat quickly on warm days 2. all three machines had fuel tank blockage, which we were told was the result of a problem with a fitting in the tank 3. the red bracket that is used to lock the lift for maintenence purposes, broke off on all three machines destroying hydraulic hoses 4. all three machines developed cracks in the frames, (which we were told by the repairman authorized by Gehl is a continous problem) 5. engine compartment screens have broken off all three machines leaving the engines exposed to debris. After being repaired (by authorized repairmen) they continue to break 6. the air conditioners on all three machines never worked properly 7. the accelerator pedals hang and will not go into the "idle" position 8. hand throttle control broke off on two of the machines 9. bolts holding lift arm pins continue to come out causing lift arms to lose position 10. safety switches frequently malfunction shutting down machines 11. bolts in rear bumpers won't stay tight. One bumper fell off. 12. back door latches won't stay closed allowing doors to swing open exposing radiator. 13. front tires are too close to the attachments. Ruined numerous tires when attachments rub tires. 14. electronic bucket attachment locks don't work properly 15. muffler bolts won't stay tight 16. sliding windows get off track because framework gets loose 17. lots of other bolts lose on machines These problems may sound small but when they can never be repaired (no matter what you do ) you decide you bought a poorly designed machine. I've read what others said about using and abusing their machines but we didn't abuse ours. Normal use just made them fall apart.

Tazza

Staff member
You seem to have just about every pissible problem there can be with your machines!!!

OP
OP
M

mustang2105

You seem to have just about every pissible problem there can be with your machines!!!
lol That wasn't me. I have a few of those problems. LIke the stalling out i think the fuel pick up maybe messed up in the tank. because it seems it start stalling when i climb a dirt hill to dump dirt. Getting to the tank to take it apart is a whole other story. :(

Fishfiles

lol That wasn't me. I have a few of those problems. LIke the stalling out i think the fuel pick up maybe messed up in the tank. because it seems it start stalling when i climb a dirt hill to dump dirt. Getting to the tank to take it apart is a whole other story. :(
I glad you said it first , Gehl is junk , I got to operate and look over the newest one with tracks about a month ago , I wasn't impressed ---------a rental house sent two to a job site I was working on free for a day so they could try them out and to try and get the business from the other rental house that was suppling Bobcats , there were 3 Bobcats working on the same site , the superintendent told me their guys didn't like the feel and power as compared to the Bobcat and they were sending them back

frank123

I glad you said it first , Gehl is junk , I got to operate and look over the newest one with tracks about a month ago , I wasn't impressed ---------a rental house sent two to a job site I was working on free for a day so they could try them out and to try and get the business from the other rental house that was suppling Bobcats , there were 3 Bobcats working on the same site , the superintendent told me their guys didn't like the feel and power as compared to the Bobcat and they were sending them back
The Gehl track machines are actually Takeuchi's, which I haven't heard as much complaining about versus the wheel machines. A friend of mine in excavation had two 48XX Gehl's before switching to a s250. Too many ongoing problems that couldn't be permanently solved. On the other hand, his 250 has been back to the actual Bobcat factory twice trying to resolve electrical issues and problems with the joystick controls, but he's satisfied thus far that they're trying to make it right.
Frank

OP
OP
M

mustang2105

The Gehl track machines are actually Takeuchi's, which I haven't heard as much complaining about versus the wheel machines. A friend of mine in excavation had two 48XX Gehl's before switching to a s250. Too many ongoing problems that couldn't be permanently solved. On the other hand, his 250 has been back to the actual Bobcat factory twice trying to resolve electrical issues and problems with the joystick controls, but he's satisfied thus far that they're trying to make it right.
Frank
I didn't say it was junk lol i was just listing problems other owners have had lol. I have a 02 2105(gehl 7800). It has a yanmar 4tne 106-t wich i heard is a good engine. So far i'm having electrical problems and fuel. Starter and the machine dies out after 20 minutes of use.

lad1631

I didn't say it was junk lol i was just listing problems other owners have had lol. I have a 02 2105(gehl 7800). It has a yanmar 4tne 106-t wich i heard is a good engine. So far i'm having electrical problems and fuel. Starter and the machine dies out after 20 minutes of use.
you 7800's a monster compared to my 4835 . you doin demo work with it?