lift solenoid and bics system help needed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sundown57

I have a older model bobcat 763 it has the bics system with the lights behind your right elbow. Problem is I'm getting 3 flashes from the valve light. some times as soon as I start it some times after using it a few minutes. Checked both green and black wire to the control and don't see any problem so I thought I would check the solenoid. I only get 2.2 OHMs I think it should be more like 10. but not sure. the other problem I have is it is not located in the main valve body. There is another block on the same wall but further back and the solenoid is in the back of that block . there is no nut on the back of it and I can't for life of me figure out how to remove it . there are no screws on the side either. So can any one tell me what the OHMS should be and how to remove it ? Also if any one has any suggestion what else might be causing the light to flash I'm all ears . thanks in advance

Tazza

Staff member
The flashing does sound like a shorted solenoid coil. Does the machine still run properly or is the lift locked out?

bobbie-g

The flashing does sound like a shorted solenoid coil. Does the machine still run properly or is the lift locked out?
Here's a post from 7lbssmallie (one of the really good techs on this forum), when he was responding to a problem I had. My issue turned out to be something else, so I never had to look where he suggested. Just offering it for your consideration if it helps at all. ---"put an eyeball on the bics lockout solenoid. horizontal on control valve. is it cracked part #6671025.. should be seeiing a 5 flash on bics box when failed" --- :) Bobbie_G