BICS Solenoid - Lift and Tilt issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

763 Bobcat

Hello,
I'm trying to trace down an issue with my tilt and lift not relieving pressure on the cylinders.

I was wondering does anyone know a good resistance to the solenoid coil on the BICS directional control valve? I'm getting 10 ohms which seems low to my knowledge?

I bench tested the BICS directional control valve and it moves a little.
I also pulled both of the pilot activated directional control valves on the BICS, the orings and backingrings look good, and the valves both move and spring back.

If I pull the manual lift release it is the only way I can get the tilt and lift to move back down.

All the BICS safety lights are on. (seat, bar,...etc.)

George

Stat test !

Does your coil have magnetism ?

When direct power is going to the coil check with a screwdriver or something metal to see if the magnet pulls by placing ontop of the spool/coil. 12volt

I've had Problems in the past with the ground going to the coil and also voltage lost at the coil from the fuse box
Check your voltage and ground too

OP
OP
G
Hey, sorry, I thought my post got deleted.
Since, I have replaced the coil and stem. But it was not the issue.
It appears that the auxiliary spool was getting stuck causing some hydro-lock, I think I might have put the spring plate in upside down :[ hard to admit. But I also swapped the auxiliary stems at the same time, they seemed to work and not stick. Short story: the bucket tilts good now as well as the lift. We shall see what happens if I ever use the auxiliaries in the future.

On to the next issue: How can I zero adjust the steering? The right tires creep at neutral, which is really getting on my nerves, especially while troubleshooting other issues. I already tried the linkages directly under the ass cushion, and no adjustment does anything. Is it worth just rebuilding the entire hydr/motor portion?

Last edited:
OP
OP
G
Neutral adjustment was a success. Rotated cams and flipped centering blocks as well. There wasn't much error for the tires to stop spinning, I'm glad I lifted the entire machine, because that could have taken a long time.