lift cylinder question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bahmi

I was working my 753 one day and noted I could not raise the bucket. I kinda jiggled the pedal some and it went up OK. I drove along, raising and lowering the bucket with the left pedal and it was fine. Was this some minor linkage wear problem, like some slop in the pedal mechanism, or a hydraulic problem? Haven't looked at a schematic yet, just wondering what folks think the problem might be. thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I'm wondering if you pushed your toe too far down, when you do, you will lock it into detent. The pedal will sit sort of flat till you use your heel to pop it out. It will then respond normally.
In detent or "Float" mode, your arms will lift and fall with respect to the terrain. if you tilt the bucket forward the arms will lift, it will hold no down pressure.

OP
OP
B

bahmi

I'm wondering if you pushed your toe too far down, when you do, you will lock it into detent. The pedal will sit sort of flat till you use your heel to pop it out. It will then respond normally.
In detent or "Float" mode, your arms will lift and fall with respect to the terrain. if you tilt the bucket forward the arms will lift, it will hold no down pressure.
Dadgum, I think you hit the nail on the head. Just a little overeager, pushed too hard. Been running fine, just plain forgot about the float variable.