Lift cylinder hose replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wtw

Hello, I have a bobcat 753 and the lift arm cylinder hose is leaking where it connects to the cylinder. It is the cylinder on the left side of the machine when you are sitting in it. It is the inner hose which I believe is the lift hose and not the return. It does not connect to the metal tube. I am wondering how to remove this hose from the cylinder. There is a place for an allen wrench in the square block where the hose connects. Is this the removal point or should I disconnect the outer hose and try to unthread the inner hose? Thank you for your time. This is a great forum and you guys have been very helpful in the past.

Fishfiles

A crowfoot wrench will make things much easier for you , a crow foot is the wrench that goes on the end of an extension and rachet , disconnect the steel tube at the chrome rod side of the cylinder and bend the strap that holds that tube to the cylinder at the rear of the cylinder and you can get that out the way enough to get the crowfoot in there -------if it is very tight and you can't break it loose with the crowfoot and a pipe on the rachet then you can use a long chiesel with the cutting edge grinded flat and break the hex nut by hitting it with a hammer ----depending on your serial number break the cylinder side of that hose is the easy side , the end of the hose inside the frame is the harder one to get at and off ------another trick when using the crowfoot which will probally be a 3/8 drive in the 7/8 size is to use an adaptor from 3/8 to 1/2 and use a 1/2 extension and racthet as the 3/8 is kinda flexy

OP
OP
W

wtw

A crowfoot wrench will make things much easier for you , a crow foot is the wrench that goes on the end of an extension and rachet , disconnect the steel tube at the chrome rod side of the cylinder and bend the strap that holds that tube to the cylinder at the rear of the cylinder and you can get that out the way enough to get the crowfoot in there -------if it is very tight and you can't break it loose with the crowfoot and a pipe on the rachet then you can use a long chiesel with the cutting edge grinded flat and break the hex nut by hitting it with a hammer ----depending on your serial number break the cylinder side of that hose is the easy side , the end of the hose inside the frame is the harder one to get at and off ------another trick when using the crowfoot which will probally be a 3/8 drive in the 7/8 size is to use an adaptor from 3/8 to 1/2 and use a 1/2 extension and racthet as the 3/8 is kinda flexy
ZThank you for the reply. I will try it this weekend time permitting

Tazza

Staff member
ZThank you for the reply. I will try it this weekend time permitting
Depending on how tight it is, you may need to remove the cylinder. Lift the arms high enough to put a block of wood where the arms touch the chain case. Make sure its stable and will not twist and fall. Lower the arms to rest on it. Release the pressure with the knob on the right side of the seat. Put a jack under the arm, just in case it moves to take the slack. Remove the pins and the hoses in the engine bay, slide the ram out and replace the hose.