L783 Boom/bucket control issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Alec1278

I recently obtained an L783 skid steer. I put about 10 hours on it so far in making a new driveway and it worked great. Recently, the boom and bucket has been giving me trouble. The boom will come to a screeching stop when lowering it at full speed. If I lower it at low idle, no issues. If I raise it, no issues, high or low idle. When the boom comes to a stop, the bucket typically will get locked up as well. When this happens, I'm able to press the boom and bucket pedals and I hear the hydraulic noise of fluid pressurizing somewhere but the bucket and boom will only wiggle, it's almost like they are binded up but the pins seem fine. It's like some part in the hydraulic system is clogging at times. This issue does not happen all the time either, I can run it for hours and It won't do it. I just noticed it happens when at full throttle and lowering the bucket quickly. When it gets stuck, I'm able to lower the throttle and a few second of screwing with the pedals will get it to release and it will function normally until the next time it locks up. Also during the time the boom is stuck, the pedals still have their full range of motion AND I am able to drive the machine back and forth without issue. I believe the seat pressure safety is bypassed on this machine. If anyone has any idea of what this could point to, I would much appreciate any guidance.

Jim A

Electric 12v power keeps boom and bucket solenoid valve open when in seat. Check switch in seat and wiring to solenoid on hyd control valve on side by from near pedals on my L785.
Best machine 7000 hours never breaks down .