L555 Aux Hyd - Will it work with an auger?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Just bought a 3 point plate for my 85 L555 Deluxe (I swamped out the old style NH quick attach for a new plate - not an adapter) with the express purpose of using it to run the auger, moving trailers, and using the hay spear. I have the aux hydrauilcs and just installed a new bale for it, but it occurred to me that I don't know if the fittings will work, or if it'll have enough ass to turn the auger. Anyone have hay experience?

TIA,
Rob

SkidRoe

According to what I can find, you have 13 gpm and 1900 psi available at your aux ports - that is sufficient to run an auger as long as the drive motor is appropriately sized for your machine.

Ivan

I run my wood processor off mine. What kind of hyd do you have on your machine. Are the hookups on the boom or in the cab. If they are in the cab like mine the boom and bucket locks out when you turn on the Hyd in the cab

SkidRoe

Mine are on the boom, just to the left of the cab door - nothing locks out - I can run all three functions at the same time - in fact I do with the bobtach hoe and the wood splitter

OP
OP
R
Mine's a 1985 model. I'm lucky it's not made of wood.

The hyd connections are just outside the cab on the body, underneath the lowest point of the boom. I've never used them, so i have no idea whether or not the bucket gets locked out or not, but it seems like that would make them pretty useless, IMO.

OP
OP
R
I run my wood processor off mine. What kind of hyd do you have on your machine. Are the hookups on the boom or in the cab. If they are in the cab like mine the boom and bucket locks out when you turn on the Hyd in the cab
These are external ports for the aux hyd. From what I can gather, there's a lever on the right side handle that operates them. I've never used it, and, while I have the service manual, I don't have the operators manual, so haven't been able to suss out how exactly it's supposed to work. My typical approach is to buy what I want, then figure out how to make it work, but I'm almost 50, so it's probably smarter to ID everything first, so as to save me multiple trips, and twice as much money. 😂

Attachments

• 3D521219-3F43-4D03-90B3-A204A3529C6D.jpeg
    3D521219-3F43-4D03-90B3-A204A3529C6D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • 37867D09-CFE2-44CC-BA44-2BDABE0B2429.jpeg
    37867D09-CFE2-44CC-BA44-2BDABE0B2429.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • B9C31EC5-1C66-4EAE-9335-CC5EE5AAC26F.jpeg
    B9C31EC5-1C66-4EAE-9335-CC5EE5AAC26F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105

Ivan

Where is the handle to turn it on or isn't there one. Mine are on the left side inside the cab and there is a vale below the quick disconnets to urn them on. When in use what ever you are running has to have it own control valve. I am the same way as yiou and have been my whole life buy first and then figure out how to use it or make it so I can use it. I never checked the PSI coming out of mine but I think it is the same as the pump puts out. My wood processor has a saw a splitter and a converyer. I can run the splitter and con at the same time but the saw has to be run on its own. I guess uit would depend on the auger size and what you are using it for

OP
OP
R
Where is the handle to turn it on or isn't there one. Mine are on the left side inside the cab and there is a vale below the quick disconnets to urn them on. When in use what ever you are running has to have it own control valve. I am the same way as yiou and have been my whole life buy first and then figure out how to use it or make it so I can use it. I never checked the PSI coming out of mine but I think it is the same as the pump puts out. My wood processor has a saw a splitter and a converyer. I can run the splitter and con at the same time but the saw has to be run on its own. I guess uit would depend on the auger size and what you are using it for
Thanks Ivan. The controls are on the RH stick. I have a pressure tester; I'm going to get some Pioneer ends and test PSI to the aux ports. I'll report my findings here, but it makes sense to know so i don't get an attachment that requires a higher pressure than the pump can provide!