l553 axle

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

downrigger

hello.i pull my front axle today due to oil leak from seal.the surface where seal rest is scratch.than as i'm looking at it i see it is a sleeve.the part's book dose not show a sleeve.dose any one know where to look for sleeve? i hope

hotdogsL553

Mr. James: I hope all is well with you. Several years ago, I had the same problem with another piece of equipment. I went to a machine shop with my axle and he cut a new sleeve and provided a barring to fit the sleeve. All of the work he did was much cheaper than buying new parts. Thanks, Hotdog PS the new sleeve he cut is still in there. Good Luck

Mike10

There are two different sleeves used. If the axle did not come with a sleeve you could install what is called a spedi-sleeve and the New Holland part number for that one is 9616493. It is a thin walled sleeve and does not taper at the end next to the bearing.
The sleeve that came form the factory on later L553 & L555 skid loaders is part number 9824930. It is a heavy walled sleeve and is tapered next to the bearing for easy insertion into the seals.

hotdogsL553

There are two different sleeves used. If the axle did not come with a sleeve you could install what is called a spedi-sleeve and the New Holland part number for that one is 9616493. It is a thin walled sleeve and does not taper at the end next to the bearing.
The sleeve that came form the factory on later L553 & L555 skid loaders is part number 9824930. It is a heavy walled sleeve and is tapered next to the bearing for easy insertion into the seals.
Mr. Mike10: Mr James just e-mailed me that he was having trouble with posting on the forum. He wanted to thank you for the info. Thanks, Hotdog