Kubota d722 flywheel alignment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Reelgolf14

Hello everyone!
Got a bobcat mt52 with kubota d722. Bolts came loose on rear end plate. Replaced bolts and now installing flywheel. Can I just slap it on in any position? Or do I need to align marks for timing?

foton

I think the timing marks are at the front of the engine not the rear where the flywheel is. But look for any marks that might indicate a alignment position. make sure your flywheel ring gear is in good shape since you are right there.

OP
OP
R

Reelgolf14

I think the timing marks are at the front of the engine not the rear where the flywheel is. But look for any marks that might indicate a alignment position. make sure your flywheel ring gear is in good shape since you are right there.
image.jpg

There's mark on flywheel to match with starter plate? But can bolt on in any position?

foton

some engines have a place to place a pin so you can work on the engine and it will not move. Do some research and see if your is one that does this. let me ask you this when the bolts were giving you a issue were they all sheared were as your engine is now out of time?

North Idaho Wolfman

Kubota engines have no marks to aline the flywheel.
What they do have is one bolt hole is in a differnt alinement than the rest on the crank and flywheel.
It's a very slight differance, we're the replacement bolts stock or of the same type with a shoulder on them?
Hand tighten the bolts till they bottom out, if one or more won't thread then it's not aligned.
DO NOT FORCE THE BOLTS IN.
I have quite a few cranks here that were ruined by someone forcing the bolts in.

Jim A

Most engines bolt pattern only allows flywheel to be installed one way
Do not cross thread bolts or use impact gun . Bolts should go in easy by hand then torque them to spec .

I use locktite blue just in case.