KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK goes the engine- New Holland L465

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kev68ss

Long story short I have oil in my radiator, and a knock from one of the cylinders- Blown gasket, rod, bearing, who knows?? I am looking for a complete engine rebuild kit, but having trouble finding anyone that does New Holland- of course the dealer will, but probably high. I have a guy that can do the work, just need parts- sleeves, rods, mains, etc. Hopefully crank is ok. Any ideas will be appreciated- Thanks

Fishfiles

before looking for parts I would tear the motor down and see what is needed , it might not be monetarilly salavagable , sure about anything can be repaired but it could come to a point where it would cost more than a new engine -------could be as simple as a bent rod and blown head gasket , then it could have spin the crank bearing and damaged the block or the cylinder wall is damaged beyond the max boring specs

Tazza

Staff member
before looking for parts I would tear the motor down and see what is needed , it might not be monetarilly salavagable , sure about anything can be repaired but it could come to a point where it would cost more than a new engine -------could be as simple as a bent rod and blown head gasket , then it could have spin the crank bearing and damaged the block or the cylinder wall is damaged beyond the max boring specs
Most NH machines have their own engines in them. That's why you are having a hard time finding a kit to rebuild it. I'd start with what Fishfiles said, pull it down and find the problem. Then decide what to do from there. Oil in your water is not a good sign.
Open it up and assess the damage. If its confined to one cylinder, say with a bad bore, it can be sleeved, the head repaired if its damaged.

mfyock

There arent any complete aftermarket rebuild kits available. I do a lot of parts available for those engines. Once you have it torn down let me know what you need. I have rings cheaper than NH, and I have a good crank sitting around. Email is [email protected]

Latest posts