John Deere 323E Fuel Problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bsan8

I have a 323E starts and idles perfect , but it will not turn over 1830 rpms and seems weak. had codes for rail pressure to high and pressure limiting valve. Replaced both. not getting the codes but will not exceed 1830 rpm. any suggestions? .

Tazza

Staff member
I assume you did the easy stuff like changing air and fuel filters?
Are you getting any smoke? If it was smoking, i'd suspect a turbo, if fitted.

OP
OP
B

bsan8

I assume you did the easy stuff like changing air and fuel filters?
Are you getting any smoke? If it was smoking, i'd suspect a turbo, if fitted.
Yes tried all of the easy stuff. no smoke runs smooth and sounds fine. acts like it is derated .

mg2361

Yes tried all of the easy stuff. no smoke runs smooth and sounds fine. acts like it is derated .
Any codes active or stored? If it is derated it will have codes, both for the derate itself and what is causing the derate.

OP
OP
B

bsan8

Any codes active or stored? If it is derated it will have codes, both for the derate itself and what is causing the derate.
active code is 523469.00 I have replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor and the rail pressure limiting valve. still same issue.

mg2361

active code is 523469.00 I have replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor and the rail pressure limiting valve. still same issue.
523469.00 is Rail Pressure occurrence count extremely high. There are two things that I can think to have done. One is the counter in the ECU needs to be reset. I am not sure but I think it will remain derated until that counter is reset and that needs to be done by the dealer because they have to hook up the Service Advisor program to reset it it (sorry, the only way). Since you replaced the rail pressure limiting valve hopefully that fixed it, but if the problem comes back then the second thing I would do is check the wiring for the suction control valve. SCV requires voltage to lower fuel pressure and low voltage to increase fuel pressure and if there is an intermittent open in the wiring (broken wire, loose connection) then that sends the rail pressure to maximum and that would open the rail pressure limiter. I guess it is possible that you could have a SCV issue as well, but I think there would have been codes for that (as well as the wiring issue).

OP
OP
B

bsan8

523469.00 is Rail Pressure occurrence count extremely high. There are two things that I can think to have done. One is the counter in the ECU needs to be reset. I am not sure but I think it will remain derated until that counter is reset and that needs to be done by the dealer because they have to hook up the Service Advisor program to reset it it (sorry, the only way). Since you replaced the rail pressure limiting valve hopefully that fixed it, but if the problem comes back then the second thing I would do is check the wiring for the suction control valve. SCV requires voltage to lower fuel pressure and low voltage to increase fuel pressure and if there is an intermittent open in the wiring (broken wire, loose connection) then that sends the rail pressure to maximum and that would open the rail pressure limiter. I guess it is possible that you could have a SCV issue as well, but I think there would have been codes for that (as well as the wiring issue).
Thanks for the info. I have a John Deeretech coming tomorrow to reset the counter hopefully that is all it needs. I removed the return line off of the fuel rail and no fuel comes out so i'm assuming the limiting valve is now staying closed.

Bca2010

Have you found out the problem? I have been having the same problem sense it was new, its been in the shop once a month for the last 4 months and everytime they replace the low pressure fuel pump and runs fine but within 1-3 weeks it does the samething and we can not figure out the problem.

Wehrum88

Have you found out the problem? I have been having the same problem sense it was new, its been in the shop once a month for the last 4 months and everytime they replace the low pressure fuel pump and runs fine but within 1-3 weeks it does the samething and we can not figure out the problem.
Any luck