JD328 hydraulic leak help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

crash6882

okay so here is my scenario. I went to go pick up a 2005 JD 328 skid steer from a used machinery dealer. everything worked fine. I went back a week later with a trailer to pay and pick it up. I payed the man and started putting it on the trailer when hydraulic started to pour out of the belly pan, also a rubber gasket came out while probing the belly pan hole. the bucket was very sluggish to the foot controls. The man gave me my money back and said that he was going to get it fixed and that i could come back after. It's been almost 3 weeks and i've been calling the guy alot, here is what he said the place found. some type of plate on one of the pumps had come loose and the seal had fallen out (the seal which we found) The second thing they found was a metal hydraulic line had blown out. The dealer told me that it was not an easy line to replace and that he would find out how much it was going to cost, and if i wanted to do it myself he would deduct it from the price. A week went buy and nothing, he finally gave the number of the repair shop. I called them and the guy i needed to talk to was not in. my question is how hard is it to replace any of the metal hydraulic lines. I do believe that it's going to be the line for the bucket. i'm just trying to get an estimate on how long it would take me to replace the line???

wjjeeper

Without knowing what line needs replacement I would think its next to impossible for someone on here to estimate for you

OP
OP
C

crash6882

Without knowing what line needs replacement I would think its next to impossible for someone on here to estimate for you
yah that's what i figured. i was just trying to decide if i should buy it or what to do. thanks any ways

Tazza

Staff member
if the price is right and the machine is good ... buy it
Metal lines can be frustrating to replace. As already stated, it depends on where it is located. If it was an easy spot, i'm sure he would have gotten it done already.