JD circuit board interchangeable with NH?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Morel1

I have a 1996 JD 7775 and my EIM is toast, moisture and corrosion. The part number on the board is 86528256 and the same part # can be had with New Holland but at almost half the price. I know the major difference between them is the engines. Has anyone tried this?

jerry

I hope you get some reply on this because I know there was a member here who had a board redone for about half the price of a new one. I believe it was done in Canada.,can't find that post though. However there was one that came from Messicks programmed for the wrong machine and had to be sent back.

OP
OP
M

Morel1

I hope you get some reply on this because I know there was a member here who had a board redone for about half the price of a new one. I believe it was done in Canada.,can't find that post though. However there was one that came from Messicks programmed for the wrong machine and had to be sent back.
I tried a place in Indiana and they stopped repairing them, also a place in Canada wouldn't take it. NH thinks its the same but once I leave the parts counter there's no returns on this circuit board. Hate to spend $1400 (JD), $750 I'm OK with if the NH will work.

jerry

I tried a place in Indiana and they stopped repairing them, also a place in Canada wouldn't take it. NH thinks its the same but once I leave the parts counter there's no returns on this circuit board. Hate to spend $1400 (JD), $750 I'm OK with if the NH will work.
Messick's .com shows that part as being replaced by another which is priced at $670. If it is just corrosion and you can afford to have it out of commission for a bit take it to a local electronics shop to get their opinion on cleaning it up and testing. Otherwise find a New Holland dealer who knows definitely whether or not they are interchangeable. Never dealt with Messick's but never heard anything bad about them either.

SkidRoe

Messick's .com shows that part as being replaced by another which is priced at $670. If it is just corrosion and you can afford to have it out of commission for a bit take it to a local electronics shop to get their opinion on cleaning it up and testing. Otherwise find a New Holland dealer who knows definitely whether or not they are interchangeable. Never dealt with Messick's but never heard anything bad about them either.
Just thinking out loud: Would it be worth a call to Messicks to see what they think? It almost seems too logical that they would have the same part number for the part; how could they be different? Still, I guess, we are not talking $5 parts here.... FWIW

jerry

Just thinking out loud: Would it be worth a call to Messicks to see what they think? It almost seems too logical that they would have the same part number for the part; how could they be different? Still, I guess, we are not talking $5 parts here.... FWIW
Mike10 has said that in the New Holland the silver trim eic was replaced by the gold trim one and then also they recently were absorbed by Case / Fiat so numbers may have changed over time but a call to Messicks would certainly be in order. The John Deere of that year was made by New Holland .

jerry

mahans7

http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=34620
if this link works it may or may not help you find a part.
These companies are from Jerry's link and repair controllers:

Farmtonics: Save up to 80% of what it would cost to replace an item. We charge flat rates for service - just call 1-800-667-8001 or contact our office by email [email protected]. Our warranty is one year from the date of FIRST use. Warranty starts when you start to use it.

http://www.bba-reman.com: 1-866-573-2740, The BBA Reman approach is to take old, failed units (core), process them to return them to their original capabilities, and then test them to ensure quality compliance and reliability. We now offer a product range in excess of 10,000 parts across all makes and most models of cars. And we are so sure of our engineering excellence that we are happy to give all our parts a lifetime warranty. HTH

OP
OP
M

Morel1

These companies are from Jerry's link and repair controllers:

Farmtonics: Save up to 80% of what it would cost to replace an item. We charge flat rates for service - just call 1-800-667-8001 or contact our office by email [email protected]. Our warranty is one year from the date of FIRST use. Warranty starts when you start to use it.

http://www.bba-reman.com: 1-866-573-2740, The BBA Reman approach is to take old, failed units (core), process them to return them to their original capabilities, and then test them to ensure quality compliance and reliability. We now offer a product range in excess of 10,000 parts across all makes and most models of cars. And we are so sure of our engineering excellence that we are happy to give all our parts a lifetime warranty. HTH
After calling repair shops and giving them the problems and condition of the board they will not take it. Called Messisk and because of the new upgraded part number they would not guarantee that it would work and they have the same policy when it comes to electronics where you can't return. I will wait a week or two to see if any other responses can help. I would think someone somewhere has tried this.

jerry

After calling repair shops and giving them the problems and condition of the board they will not take it. Called Messisk and because of the new upgraded part number they would not guarantee that it would work and they have the same policy when it comes to electronics where you can't return. I will wait a week or two to see if any other responses can help. I would think someone somewhere has tried this.
You could check with salvage places also like Fawcett's tractor salvage, I see they have a couple New Holland skidsteers dismantled. Post this question in the New Holland forum also, might catch Mike10's eye.If anyone would know it would be him.

OP
OP
M

Morel1

You could check with salvage places also like Fawcett's tractor salvage, I see they have a couple New Holland skidsteers dismantled. Post this question in the New Holland forum also, might catch Mike10's eye.If anyone would know it would be him.
Decided to buy a new board from JD. Plugged it in and the engine will only run for 1 second them shuts off. Will run all day in service mode. Dealership says its plug and play, no settings - no instructions with the part. The instrument panel does not work like the orginal, no preheat, no beep to let me know its really to start. My service manual says to make sure the engine code setting is at 06 but I can't get into the program select switch mode. I'm wondering if there's a security code set on the board because the box was opened and the part's static bag was not sealed like someone had either looked at the part or used it and it didn't work for them either. Dealership is closed and won't be opened again till after the 1st of the year. Any ideas?

OP
OP
M

Morel1

Decided to buy a new board from JD. Plugged it in and the engine will only run for 1 second them shuts off. Will run all day in service mode. Dealership says its plug and play, no settings - no instructions with the part. The instrument panel does not work like the orginal, no preheat, no beep to let me know its really to start. My service manual says to make sure the engine code setting is at 06 but I can't get into the program select switch mode. I'm wondering if there's a security code set on the board because the box was opened and the part's static bag was not sealed like someone had either looked at the part or used it and it didn't work for them either. Dealership is closed and won't be opened again till after the 1st of the year. Any ideas?
Called dealership this morning, their ordering me a new board. I was hoping to dig into a couple of the issues like no voltage reading, instructions to get into the diagnosic screen, different revision on board, things that could be effecting the operation of the board. I guess its easier to try a new board. Does anyone have a schematic for the board? Part # MG86576240. I'm looking mainly for the pin out to see which one senses the voltage from the battery.

todd218

Called dealership this morning, their ordering me a new board. I was hoping to dig into a couple of the issues like no voltage reading, instructions to get into the diagnosic screen, different revision on board, things that could be effecting the operation of the board. I guess its easier to try a new board. Does anyone have a schematic for the board? Part # MG86576240. I'm looking mainly for the pin out to see which one senses the voltage from the battery.
Morel1, how did you come out? I have a 6675 with a board #86528256, looks like the new number is MG86576240. But wow for replacement cost over $1300+. Has anyone tried one of the repair shops talked about on this forum? Results? What jd and holland machines have a ciruit board that is the same? FYI, mine was damaged by mice building a nest behind the board and doing their business and causing corrision. Damn Mice. Thanks

OP
OP
M

Morel1

Morel1, how did you come out? I have a 6675 with a board #86528256, looks like the new number is MG86576240. But wow for replacement cost over $1300+. Has anyone tried one of the repair shops talked about on this forum? Results? What jd and holland machines have a ciruit board that is the same? FYI, mine was damaged by mice building a nest behind the board and doing their business and causing corrision. Damn Mice. Thanks
I'm up and running. After getting an updated installation instruction guide and with the help from some fine JD service managers who found a bulletin for the 'electronic instrument panel module test' I was able to find my voltage signal problem and get the board to accept all the setup parameters. Although it is to late for me to save a bunch of money by buying the NH board, I would still like to know if the board is the same and only differs by the engine code and setup. If NH uses numbers other than 02 or 06 for the code it might be possible. I went with better safe than sorry. Could not find anyone who did this, only guesses.

todd218

I'm up and running. After getting an updated installation instruction guide and with the help from some fine JD service managers who found a bulletin for the 'electronic instrument panel module test' I was able to find my voltage signal problem and get the board to accept all the setup parameters. Although it is to late for me to save a bunch of money by buying the NH board, I would still like to know if the board is the same and only differs by the engine code and setup. If NH uses numbers other than 02 or 06 for the code it might be possible. I went with better safe than sorry. Could not find anyone who did this, only guesses.
Morel1, I am glad to here you are up and running. I am unfortulently am not. Mine also will run for 1 second and quit while in run mode. Runs fine in service mode. Is there a way I could get a copy of the installation instruction or board skematic. I really don't want to spend that amount of $ on a new board and not being the problem. I did blow the eic fuse in the engine compartment, so now I am wondering if I have a short somewhere. Thanks

OP
OP
M

Morel1

Morel1, I am glad to here you are up and running. I am unfortulently am not. Mine also will run for 1 second and quit while in run mode. Runs fine in service mode. Is there a way I could get a copy of the installation instruction or board skematic. I really don't want to spend that amount of $ on a new board and not being the problem. I did blow the eic fuse in the engine compartment, so now I am wondering if I have a short somewhere. Thanks
I had this problem too, check the fuse block inside the cab next to the run/service switch. It's the one labeled NOT FUEL, second 5 amp from the back. After spending time at the JD dealership and looking at an orginial service manual I found out that this circuit is a voltage signal to the board and if it does not have it it will shut off the engine in 1 second. The only troubleshooting answer for this condition. You might have a short, checking the wiring harness is easy, the board is harder to pin point. Go to a JD dealership and ask for bulletin 95-11-55-31 it might help you.

Djkansas

I had this problem too, check the fuse block inside the cab next to the run/service switch. It's the one labeled NOT FUEL, second 5 amp from the back. After spending time at the JD dealership and looking at an orginial service manual I found out that this circuit is a voltage signal to the board and if it does not have it it will shut off the engine in 1 second. The only troubleshooting answer for this condition. You might have a short, checking the wiring harness is easy, the board is harder to pin point. Go to a JD dealership and ask for bulletin 95-11-55-31 it might help you.
I have a JD 6675 skid steer, doing pretty much same thing, in run position, it will run for a second, then die. In service position it starts and runs fine, *BUT* can't use hydraulic controls because they are locked. I am also getting Main instrument panel flashing and a clicking noise coming from between the foot controls. Any information and help on this would be great. Richard

Dirty Dog

I have a JD 6675 skid steer, doing pretty much same thing, in run position, it will run for a second, then die. In service position it starts and runs fine, *BUT* can't use hydraulic controls because they are locked. I am also getting Main instrument panel flashing and a clicking noise coming from between the foot controls. Any information and help on this would be great. Richard
I was working on a 675B a week ago and found the boom solenoid coil shorted. It was creating issues that made the safety module look like it was bad. Had nothing in the run mode but was ok in the bypass other than no boom hydraulics. I think a good coil will ohm out at at about 5 ohms resistance. Replaced the coil and all was good.

lucasschmiesing

Yes!! I have a 1998 JD 6675 and just got an instrument cluster from new holland that works great. Was 700 dollars vs 1700 from John deere. Went from my silver trim one to their new style gold trim. Much better board also. Actually has a protective coating unlike my original which corroded