jd 328 starts, revs up then stalls

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

crash6882

i bought a 2005 jd 328 two months ago. ever since i bought it when i start it up it would rev up and then go back down to an idle. some times it would start for half a second and then stall and you would have to hold the starter past it stalling and then it would start and rev up and then stay running. I moved it last night and it started right up. Went out today to run it and it will just start, rev up, idle back down, then just stall. i tried about a dozen times with the same result. I checked to make sure the solenoid on my injection pump was working and you can hear it clicking. I made sure I had fuel in the tank, and i also tried priming it and had the same result. I am ordering all new fuel filters tomorrow and trying that but I doubt it will solve it. Any suggestion on what could be causing this problem?????

skidsteer.ca

Some diesel engine full fuel when they are starting. This usually causes heavy smoke and causes the engine rev to a moderate rpm then the full fuel kicks off and the engine goes to idle.
You would have to ask a dealer if this is normal for your engine. It sounds like you may have a plugged filter, weak lift pump or some other fuel related issue.
Sorry I have no direct knowledge of these machines
Ken

OP
OP
C

crash6882

Some diesel engine full fuel when they are starting. This usually causes heavy smoke and causes the engine rev to a moderate rpm then the full fuel kicks off and the engine goes to idle.
You would have to ask a dealer if this is normal for your engine. It sounds like you may have a plugged filter, weak lift pump or some other fuel related issue.
Sorry I have no direct knowledge of these machines
Ken
Well they came and fixed it today. It was the safety switch on the back of my axuilary hydraulics was bad. Them the mechanic told me that I have a bad injector. And they have to rip the engine apart to fix it. This is getting ridiculous

Tazza

Staff member
Well they came and fixed it today. It was the safety switch on the back of my axuilary hydraulics was bad. Them the mechanic told me that I have a bad injector. And they have to rip the engine apart to fix it. This is getting ridiculous
Surely injectors just screw in, no need to pull the engine down?

OP
OP
C

crash6882

Surely injectors just screw in, no need to pull the engine down?
tazza, the mechanic said that the injectors are under the valve covers. I guess the 328 has a different engine than the other 320 series. i've only put about 5 hrs on it since i got it two months ago, but the outfit prior to me probably was running in like this for a while. mechanic said the cylinder is probably washed.