jd 250 electrical problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

riley

Hi guys, I'm new to the site. have a jd 250. would not come out of parki. put in a jumper wire tempotarily. now I can't unlock the loader controls. not sure if there is a pinched wire or not . Does any one have a wiring diagram or any suggestions? Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Sounds like a safety device, chack your seat and seat bar sensors. If they detect you are not in the machine they won't un-lock the brake and the lift arms to keep the operator safe.

OP
OP
R

riley

Sounds like a safety device, chack your seat and seat bar sensors. If they detect you are not in the machine they won't un-lock the brake and the lift arms to keep the operator safe.
tried to bypass seat switch. doesn't seem to do anything. don't have the bar just the seatbelt. are any of the relays involved in this part of the safey? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this unit? Thanks

skidsteer.ca

tried to bypass seat switch. doesn't seem to do anything. don't have the bar just the seatbelt. are any of the relays involved in this part of the safey? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this unit? Thanks
Is this a series 1 or series 2 JD 250. I have the manuals for the Series 1. There will be a safety switch in the seat belt too. These are a farely common failure in the NH loaders, unsure if JD uses the same part.
Send me a email and I'll try to look up the wiring and send it to you
Ken

OP
OP
R

riley

Is this a series 1 or series 2 JD 250. I have the manuals for the Series 1. There will be a safety switch in the seat belt too. These are a farely common failure in the NH loaders, unsure if JD uses the same part.
Send me a email and I'll try to look up the wiring and send it to you
Ken
took the dash apart. found the yellow wire with red strip getting hot - assuming there is a short somewhere. can jump power to the silenoid to get it to move but still cannot lift or move boom. it is a 2001 so I'm not sure if it is a I or II series. thanks for the help Ken

OP
OP
R

riley

took the dash apart. found the yellow wire with red strip getting hot - assuming there is a short somewhere. can jump power to the silenoid to get it to move but still cannot lift or move boom. it is a 2001 so I'm not sure if it is a I or II series. thanks for the help Ken
also tired to bypass the seat and seat belt switch but did not work

dozer

also tired to bypass the seat and seat belt switch but did not work
I hate to bring back a thread from the grave but I am having this exact same issue with my 250. It just happened while I was on a job. Loader arms just stopped going up. Any help would be much appreciated. I went through the JD tech manual and chased it through the most common problems. The solenoid- which has the correct resistance- the seat switch and seat belt switch which are both working. And I will be replacing the park brake tonight to see if that has any better luck. Any other ideas. thanks, Lucas

bumpside

I hate to bring back a thread from the grave but I am having this exact same issue with my 250. It just happened while I was on a job. Loader arms just stopped going up. Any help would be much appreciated. I went through the JD tech manual and chased it through the most common problems. The solenoid- which has the correct resistance- the seat switch and seat belt switch which are both working. And I will be replacing the park brake tonight to see if that has any better luck. Any other ideas. thanks, Lucas
2001 should be a series I, there was a high failure rate on all safety switches. The interlock for boom and bucket is built into the valve directly and locks the spool (series II was a hyd only interlock). The park brake switch, seat belt switch, ignition switch, and console all had very high failure rate. It is entirely possible that the console will need to be replaced (worse case) and has probably already been replaced.

skidsteer.ca

If it is a series 2 it will say on the side of the machine, otherwise its a series 1 (no series on the side).
The foot pedals are locked? will not move? On Nh they send power and ground to a separate soilinoid on each spool of the main control valve. You must not have power going there? These spool locks can simply be unthreaded from the valve and tested for function.
No idea on how the wiring works to get power to that point though, Should coincide with unlocking the park brake though.
More info here
http://www.mediafire.com/?ed2jtzvnmmz
Ken

dozer

If it is a series 2 it will say on the side of the machine, otherwise its a series 1 (no series on the side).
The foot pedals are locked? will not move? On Nh they send power and ground to a separate soilinoid on each spool of the main control valve. You must not have power going there? These spool locks can simply be unthreaded from the valve and tested for function.
No idea on how the wiring works to get power to that point though, Should coincide with unlocking the park brake though.
More info here
http://www.mediafire.com/?ed2jtzvnmmz
Ken
OK they finally figured out the problem after $1600 of repairs. The bucket lockout solenoid burned out which in turn put power through the ground wires into the system. Which fried the control unit. Once both the control unit and correct solenoid were replaced we are back up and running. What can a guy do? We were on the right track but apparently the first control unit they sent me was defective so it led us down a different path. Once we tracked down the faulty solenoid we realized we had a bad brand new control unit. However as most of you know there are no refunds on electrical so I got to enjoy eating that one although it showed up broke. Problem solved for the short term at least. BASHBRO1