Info on cold start of Case 70xt

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pilot77

I have a 2004 70xt and i was wondering about the button by the key...Is that for the ether or injector heat..etc..How long do you hold it or what..help me out.. I have not recieved a manual yet.. Ron

goose

The cold start on a 70XT should be a thermostart system. Turn the key to the on position push and hold the switch for 10-15 seconds and then go into start while holding the switch. You are heating up a glow coil in the intake with the switch there is a temp sensitive in the glow coil that opens up when the coil gets red hot and then when you crank the engine fuel sprays onto the red hot coil and makes a diesel torch inside the intake manifold heating the air.

OP
OP
P

pilot77

The cold start on a 70XT should be a thermostart system. Turn the key to the on position push and hold the switch for 10-15 seconds and then go into start while holding the switch. You are heating up a glow coil in the intake with the switch there is a temp sensitive in the glow coil that opens up when the coil gets red hot and then when you crank the engine fuel sprays onto the red hot coil and makes a diesel torch inside the intake manifold heating the air.
thank-you It is like the small light towers then..Good to know..I just got this unit..I have driven them but never had to worry about the maintenance, but now that i own one..i had to find out what some of these things were... Thanks again Ron