In case anyone is interested..........

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kermode

I had to sweep some government parking lots today and, of course, the shaft seal in the hyd motor blew out. Being Good Friday I couldn't expect to see parts until Monday at the earliest. So, I cannibalized the motor out of my Bobcat 12 auger and it dropped right in. The mounting flange is different but the bolt holes line up, the sprocket is even the same size. I had to change the fittings from the blown motor but all in all, an easy swap. Sweeps like a hot damn now. Now I have to find a motor for my auger. :D

OP
OP
K

Kermode

I take it thats a chain drive auger and the sweeper is a chain drive too?
Ken
Yes, both the sweeper and the auger are chain drive. A poor design for the sweeper because its impossible to keep the chain lubed. The dust just eats it up. I don't even try to lube the chain anymore. Just replace t on a regular basis.

skidsteer.ca

Yes, both the sweeper and the auger are chain drive. A poor design for the sweeper because its impossible to keep the chain lubed. The dust just eats it up. I don't even try to lube the chain anymore. Just replace t on a regular basis.
I believe the new ones are all direct drive, I know the ones we sell are.
Have you ever looked to see if you can find a o ring sealed chain in that size? They are used on motorcyles, atv's and in many other applications. The oring seals the lube inside the chain, you still oil them to help lube the o ring but they do last much longer. I'd recomend looking for one and trying it.
I was curious about the auger because, I curently have my Bobcat 15C ripped apart to change a broken output shaft right now. They are a direct drive auger though.
Ken