hyrdra mac

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lgehring

Good evening I am new to the forum. I need help with a hydra mac 8a sn2759. It has a triple sheave belt drive off the Onan crank shaft to drive the right and left hyd pumps that drive the transmissions. It was cobbled when i got it. The belt pulley was coupled to a thin walled tube by a double roller chain with a 1/4 in bolt in the pulley end and one in the right hand pump shaft. I used a heavier wall pipe. The end of the pump shaft was broke out from the bolt hole out to the end of the shaft. I drilled a new hole. Everything working for about 20 hrs or so before the pipe and bolts failed. I have priced a new pump shaft at about 250.00. I am not sure what is really supposed to be between the belt pulley end the right hand pump. I would like to find used parts. I need help. Thanks ,Lowell

Jdwill

I know I'm a little late to this but I just Joined the forum. I have found a supplier for reman parts. Just did an upgrade to the newer flex disk drive setup that was used in the 8c. Parts are available from Hackert sales and Service in Sully,IA (http://www.hackertsales.com). The 2 main drive components are quite expensive The splined shave is $200 and the splined Coupler is $250 + all of the little components to convert from the universal joint setup. Total cost was about $800 to convert. Not cheap but cheaper than a different skidsteer. The universal joints were phased out because they would vibrate and destroy the pump shaft. These Pumps were also used in MANY garden tractors in various configurations. Notably the Old CUB CADETS used an almost Identical pump which you can buy complete on Ebay for less than the shaft alone. WIth a little wrenching to configure the pump correctly they will work perfectly. And most of those pumps were never worked very hard.

Jdwill

I know I'm a little late to this but I just Joined the forum. I have found a supplier for reman parts. Just did an upgrade to the newer flex disk drive setup that was used in the 8c. Parts are available from Hackert sales and Service in Sully,IA (http://www.hackertsales.com). The 2 main drive components are quite expensive The splined shave is $200 and the splined Coupler is $250 + all of the little components to convert from the universal joint setup. Total cost was about $800 to convert. Not cheap but cheaper than a different skidsteer. The universal joints were phased out because they would vibrate and destroy the pump shaft. These Pumps were also used in MANY garden tractors in various configurations. Notably the Old CUB CADETS used an almost Identical pump which you can buy complete on Ebay for less than the shaft alone. WIth a little wrenching to configure the pump correctly they will work perfectly. And most of those pumps were never worked very hard.
As a side note I am working on a Mitey 8a SN#2665.

Tazza

Staff member
Never too late to add your experiences, thanks for giving details of what you did and where you got the parts from. It may help someone else.

12CHydraMac

if you have facebook i run a hydra mac group on there with over 160 active members. www.facebook.com/groups/hydramac share it along to those with HMI / IH Skid loaders too!

Latest posts