hydro problem?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dlong

i have a 2005 t250 and when i first start it everything works fine but after a litttle while it seems to run out of power,it will not turn and run the other controls without killing it,and if you keep running it,it almost will not pull its self,it boggs the motor untill it dies,any ideas ?

OP
OP
D

dlong

You changed the fuel filter?
Ken
it was just serviced about 5 hours ago and the filter was replaced. It seems to have problems when trying to use all the hydraulics at the same time but the fuel filter makes sense

OP
OP
D

dlong

it was just serviced about 5 hours ago and the filter was replaced. It seems to have problems when trying to use all the hydraulics at the same time but the fuel filter makes sense
Also if i push the aux hydraulic presure relief button it kills the machine is that normal

skidsteer.ca

Also if i push the aux hydraulic presure relief button it kills the machine is that normal
Yes the aux pressure relief button does shut the motor off as part of releaving pressure at the couplers.
You power problem is likely fuel related if the engine appears to be running normal under light loads. (no smoke, bad noises etc) Could be water has ruined the new filter already, the fuel lift pump is not working right. Try draining the filter and look for water or crude. if you find such, then new filter, maybe drain the tank. There is a cover underneath the rear of the machine held on by 3 bolts. The plug under the cover facing rear is the fuel tank, the one forward is the chain case oil.
If the filter looks good, have someone squeeze the primer bulb while the engines running to see if that improves its power (may not be easy to do if you have to work the machine to stall it out) but this duplicates the fuel lift pump and may rules it out.
How many hours on it?
Ken

OP
OP
D

dlong

Yes the aux pressure relief button does shut the motor off as part of releaving pressure at the couplers.
You power problem is likely fuel related if the engine appears to be running normal under light loads. (no smoke, bad noises etc) Could be water has ruined the new filter already, the fuel lift pump is not working right. Try draining the filter and look for water or crude. if you find such, then new filter, maybe drain the tank. There is a cover underneath the rear of the machine held on by 3 bolts. The plug under the cover facing rear is the fuel tank, the one forward is the chain case oil.
If the filter looks good, have someone squeeze the primer bulb while the engines running to see if that improves its power (may not be easy to do if you have to work the machine to stall it out) but this duplicates the fuel lift pump and may rules it out.
How many hours on it?
Ken
1000 hrs and i do remember it sputtering once before it started doing this so i looked at the fuel gauge and it was at 1/4 -1/8th of a tank.it runs good for a fiew min then it all goes to hell.the problem also gets worse if i push the drive levers all the way forward or all the way back

Tazza

Staff member
1000 hrs and i do remember it sputtering once before it started doing this so i looked at the fuel gauge and it was at 1/4 -1/8th of a tank.it runs good for a fiew min then it all goes to hell.the problem also gets worse if i push the drive levers all the way forward or all the way back
With pushing the levers forward or back you are simply putting more load on the engine.
I would also check your air filter, usually when blocked it will blow masses of black smoke and give you a lack of power. Running the machine and getting another person to squeeze the primer bulb is a good idea, it tells you if you have a blockage or weak fuel pump.

OP
OP
D

dlong

With pushing the levers forward or back you are simply putting more load on the engine.
I would also check your air filter, usually when blocked it will blow masses of black smoke and give you a lack of power. Running the machine and getting another person to squeeze the primer bulb is a good idea, it tells you if you have a blockage or weak fuel pump.
air filter is new so i guess we have got it down to the uel filter,i will be very disapointed in it if a 1000 hr machine is having serious problems it has been babied but thanks for the ideas

Fishfiles

Could be the charge pressure is low , if you have deluxe instruments , you can go to vitals and monitor the pressure while you multi function, T series will bog down to a stop when the pressure gets low------they also had problems with some of the fuel lift pumps on T250's-----------

OP
OP
D

dlong

Could be the charge pressure is low , if you have deluxe instruments , you can go to vitals and monitor the pressure while you multi function, T series will bog down to a stop when the pressure gets low------they also had problems with some of the fuel lift pumps on T250's-----------
all of this stuff is new to me i have never had to work on this thing,is the charge pressure the hydraulic pressure and would it work good for the first 10 min then go to pot?

OP
OP
D

dlong

all of this stuff is new to me i have never had to work on this thing,is the charge pressure the hydraulic pressure and would it work good for the first 10 min then go to pot?
Checked the charge pressure and it never falls below 380 while it is doing its trying to die act so thats a good thing lets hope the fuel filter is already plugged and buy the way does the charge pressure being good mean the hydraulic filter isnt plugged or does that tell you anything about the filter

tsanders

Checked the charge pressure and it never falls below 380 while it is doing its trying to die act so thats a good thing lets hope the fuel filter is already plugged and buy the way does the charge pressure being good mean the hydraulic filter isnt plugged or does that tell you anything about the filter
did the problem start before or after you had the machine serviced. it could be that it is sucking a little air and affecting it this way. i have had them do this when they werent tight enough or had a bad rubber seal on them.