Hydraulic problem on 1530 Case

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jim h

My brother has a 1530 case skid steer. He recently had the fitting from the filter housing to pump crack. He had replaced the fitting and it now experiencing a problem with the lifting on the lift cylinder and the tilt cylinder (slow and not able to pickup much) However the down force of the lift and tilt work fine (lifting front wheels off with little effort). I am believing the pump is fine as half the system work fine. The lift and tilt valves are separate. Has anyone run into this before?? Please help.

Tazza

Staff member
Could it be as simple as air in the system?
The down pressure you talk about doesn't mean much, sorry. All the weight is in the rear and without a bucket the machine will lift the wheels off the ground if you simply accelerate, so curling the bucket really isn't a good indication.
As the housing was replaced I'd suspect air. Even with air, it still should lift just fine but it will be noisy and jittery.
Is there any chance a part of the housing came loose? and went down the hose? thats the only other thing i can think of...

OP
OP
J

jim h

The down pressure you talk about doesn't mean much, sorry. All the weight is in the rear and without a bucket the machine will lift the wheels off the ground if you simply accelerate, so curling the bucket really isn't a good indication.
As the housing was replaced I'd suspect air. Even with air, it still should lift just fine but it will be noisy and jittery.
Is there any chance a part of the housing came loose? and went down the hose? thats the only other thing i can think of...
He did not replace the housing , just the 1"NPT or 1-1/4" NPT nipple between the filter housing and pump. Another thing I should have mentioned before, it that the engine is laboring to lift up. But the downward motion seems to have no effect on the engine. If a piece had gone down through the pump, is it most likely in the control valve?

73Eldo

Fluid level(s)? Can you get everything to fully extend? and retract? How long did it run with the leak? Could it have run low on fluid or sucked some crap in? On a tractor at work the loader sprung a leak but the guy kept running the tractor the rest of the day thinking if he didnt use the loader it would not hurt anything. He just didnt know or think that the hyd pumps keep running even if you are not using them and ended up sizing the pump.

OP
OP
J

jim h

Fluid level(s)? Can you get everything to fully extend? and retract? How long did it run with the leak? Could it have run low on fluid or sucked some crap in? On a tractor at work the loader sprung a leak but the guy kept running the tractor the rest of the day thinking if he didnt use the loader it would not hurt anything. He just didnt know or think that the hyd pumps keep running even if you are not using them and ended up sizing the pump.
Levels are full Full action of the cylinder is available (both ways) Not sure how long pump was run after the break I guess the first step wpuld be to check pump pressure. If the pressure is good, where is the next place to look? Crap in the control valve?

mllud

Levels are full Full action of the cylinder is available (both ways) Not sure how long pump was run after the break I guess the first step wpuld be to check pump pressure. If the pressure is good, where is the next place to look? Crap in the control valve?
Could the new fitting ne sucking air around the threads. Sort of a reverse leak , especially if the new fitting is on the IN side of the filter. Mike

mllud

Could the new fitting ne sucking air around the threads. Sort of a reverse leak , especially if the new fitting is on the IN side of the filter. Mike
The last sentence on my last post should have said. If the new fitting is on the suction side of the pump. Air can be drawn in thru a leak that may not leak oil . I think the other posters are on the right track with air in the system. Mike

OP
OP
J

jim h

The last sentence on my last post should have said. If the new fitting is on the suction side of the pump. Air can be drawn in thru a leak that may not leak oil . I think the other posters are on the right track with air in the system. Mike
I'll have him recheck the fitting. Is it possible its an air lock from the intial leak? If so, how to you get the air out?

mllud

I'll have him recheck the fitting. Is it possible its an air lock from the intial leak? If so, how to you get the air out?
You just run them doing something easy for a while putting it thru the motions. Raise lower/drive/work the bucket.
T dont think you want to put a lot of stress/work hard until the air is out. Ive seen posts here where it takes a while to work it out.Mine clears out fairly quick. Good luck Mike