hydraulic oil compatability

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Scubasteve

My 843 came with 303 hydraulic fluid in it, so that is what i put in, I know that is wrong and would like to remedy that ASAP. I bought 15 gallons of 10-40 and i planned to shoot out 5 gallons replace with 10-40, drive it around abit, and repeat. I know i will never get it all out, but hopefully i can dilute it to near nothing. My question is: Will mixing the two oils hurt anything? Are they compatable? Has anyone done something similar? I guess its safe to assume that it has mixed oil in it know, or at one time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks Nick

Tazza

Staff member
Not sure what 303 is but i can't see why it would cause an issue if you drained all the oil you could and add more, run it and drain it again. This is how i clean systems that had gotten water in them.
I open an aux hydraulic line, with the machine running at idle i pump all i can out into a drum and as soon as it starts to spit, i shut it off. Remove and drain the hydraulic filter. Fill with oil, run then dump again. When you have it in a state that you are happy with, replace the filter and you are all set.

Bvill01

Not sure what 303 is but i can't see why it would cause an issue if you drained all the oil you could and add more, run it and drain it again. This is how i clean systems that had gotten water in them.
I open an aux hydraulic line, with the machine running at idle i pump all i can out into a drum and as soon as it starts to spit, i shut it off. Remove and drain the hydraulic filter. Fill with oil, run then dump again. When you have it in a state that you are happy with, replace the filter and you are all set.
How many gallons did u use?